Vocational Education Teacher - Secondary School Job Description
- Instruct students at a vocational or secondary school.
- Help students studying for a certificate or certification to improve their knowledge or career skills.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Welding Instructor - reports to the manager, career technical. Develop and prepare lessons. Assist in the planning and implementation of career technical skills training (CTST) p...
Northwest Educational Service District's Northwest Regional Learning Center in Arlington is accepting applications for Program Support Specialist. Summary: The Program Support S...
The State University of New York at New Paltz, known as SUNY New Paltz for short, is a public college in New Paltz, New York. It traces its origins to the New Paltz Classical Schoo...