Waste Treatment Plant Operator Job Description
- Control equipment and monitor processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
- Keep records of water quality and other indicators.
- Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
- Monitor the indicators at their plants and make adjustments as necessary.
- Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
- Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Adjust the amount of chemicals, such as chlorine and fluorine, being added to the water.
- Use computerized systems to monitor plant processes.
- Plan emergency reaction protocols.
- Fix chemical leaks and oxygen deficiencies.
- Keep records that document compliance.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: OVERVIEW: The Waste Water Treatment Supervisor is responsible for day to day operations of the waste water treatment plant. This position is...
Job Description H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the w...
OLSTEN STAFFING IS HELPING AN INDUSTRY LEADER IN THEIR SEARCH FOR A QUALIFIED MAINTENANCE MANAGER. THIS POSITION WILL ASSIST IN THE PLANNING, DEVELOPING, IMPLEMENTING, CONTROLLING...