Wildlife Biologist Job Description
- Develop alternative solutions for the restoration of injured or lost trust resources and habitat.
- Develop and share information pertinent to the protection or restoration of trust resources.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control plans to ensure the data collected and products prepared meet all standards and regulations.
- Provide habitat services to private landowners and land managers to increase the quantity and quality of fish and wildlife habitat.
- Plan and develop funding proposals, coordinate and implement cooperative habitat projects to optimize carrying capacity for wildlife.
- Evaluate wildlife habitat/range conditions, collect data, and recommend management or projects to improve terrestrial and aquatic wildlife habitat.
- Evaluate past wildlife habitat improvement projects to determine effectiveness of meeting goals and objectives.
- Enhance public awareness and knowledge of the value of healthy habitats and the need to maintain diverse, productive, and sustainable watersheds to meet wildlife needs.
- Write technical documents for wildlife hazard management.
- Modify or adapt established animal damage control techniques to meet local conditions and address specific environmental, economic, or political considerations.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other agencies, organizations, institutions, industry groups, and individuals in meeting program needs and goals.
- Perform duties relating to wildlife management and use of control techniques aimed at controlling wildlife damage.
- Perform damage control operations relating to the cessation, alleviation, or mitigation of problems created by carnivores, rodents, birds, and other animals in urban or rural environments.
- Provide technical and operational assistance to federal, state, and county agencies in the reduction of wildlife-borne diseases by the management of wild mammal and bird vectors carrying pathogens that may adversely affect human health.
Location: Easton, MD Department: Wildlife International Position: Avian Laboratory Technician Overview Wildlife International, a Division of EAG, locate...
Description Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World Sr. Biologist - Fresno, CA Parsons is an industry leader in delivering technology driven solutions to promote ...
Job Description The San Jose office of Arcadis is seeking an entry-level field biologist with a bachelor s degree in biology, botany, ecology, wildlife, or watershed management...