- Job Descriptions
Responsible for producing, designing, crafting, and testing wood products such as cabinets, musical instruments, and furniture using specialized tools.
- Design, produce, and test wood products.
- Build furniture using hand tools.
- Use automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Perform work in high production assembly line facility.
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines.
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule.
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit.
- Sand products using sander or sandpaper.
- Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish.
- Set products out to dry.
- Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery.
- Work to preserve antiques.
- Design and create sets of cabinets that are customized for particular spaces.
- Create wooden accents and trim.
- Create scale models of products or buildings that are used in construction
- Construct dies used in castings.
- Complete all stages of woodworking process.
- Ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen.
- Repair wooden furniture, cabinets, and other wood products.
- Apply paint to raw wood.