Woodworker Job Description
- Design, produce, and test wood products.
- Build furniture using hand tools.
- Use automated machinery, such as computerized numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Perform work in high production assembly line facility.
- Set up, operate, and tend drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-nailing machines.
- Cut, shape, and smooth wooden parts.
- Verify dimensions using caliper or rule.
- Add fasteners and adhesives and connect the pieces to form a complete unit.
- Sand products using sander or sandpaper.
- Stain or coat products with lacquer or varnish.
- Set products out to dry.
- Operate specialized pieces of woodworking machinery.
- Work to preserve antiques.
- Design and create sets of cabinets that are customized for particular spaces.
- Create wooden accents and trim.
- Create scale models of products or buildings that are used in construction
- Construct dies used in castings.
- Complete all stages of woodworking process.
- Ensure wood isn't warped, cracked, or swollen.
- Repair wooden furniture, cabinets, and other wood products.
- Apply paint to raw wood.
Production woodworkers needed. Must be comfortable using air powered tools and wood working machinery. Hours are 6am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Pay $10/hr. If you are int...
Experienced Carpenters & Woodworkers Now hiring Experienced Carpenters and Woodworkers in Pittsfield. We have openings appropriate for a variety of skill levels, from those who h...
Adecco is assisting an established client in the custom woodworking industry located in Bridgeton, MO. Our client is seeking to grow their team of craftsmen employees, adding cabin...