Responsible for creating and drawing the colorful moving images that appear on television, in films, and in video games. Write storyline for characters and put cartoons together with special effects, soundtracks, and other layouts.
- Create and draw characters for television, movies, or video games using computers.
- Work with directors and other animators to create story lines involving the characters.
- Create sketches, artwork, and illustrations.
- Draw storyboards.
- Concept the story frame-by-frame.
- Record dialogue.
- Work with editors to bring together the layers of animation, including backgrounds and graphics.
- Sequence frames together to create animation.
- Utilize modeling clay, plaster, oil paints, watercolors and acrylics.
- Design a variety of characters with different personalities.
- Use technical software packages, such as Flash, 3d studio max, Maya, Lightwave, Softimage and Cinema 4D.
- Time characters' movements to soundtracks or voice overs.
- Interpret scripts.
- Develop concepts for characters and pitch ideas to clients.
- Design animated backdrops for characters.
- Work within the bounds of 2D animation, 3D model-making animation, stop frame or computer-generated animation.
- Work alongside printers, copywriters, photographers, designers, account executives, website designers or marketing specialists.