Five Key Solutions to Improve Your Small Business Recruitment Strategies
By: Recruiting Specialist
One of the core components of any thriving business is its talent. Whether you are looking to recruit one candidate or many, there are several tried and true strategies that any small business can leverage to help maximize the hiring process. Here are five key considerations you should execute in any recruitment plan you employ:
- Use social media strategically. The majority of job seekers now use social media to find their next job. Be sure to use your social channels not just for posting job descriptions, but to engage potential candidates by giving them insights into your business culture.
- Implement an ERP. An Employee Referral Program (or ERP) offers a quick, low-cost and high-quality way of finding staff. Employees who are hired through referrals tend to stay with the company longer than other candidates. And unlike other recruiting methods, which tend to draw only active job seekers, ERPs offer access to passive job seekers – qualified people who, under the right circumstances, may be good candidates for open positions.
- Don't downplay the importance of the job description. A job description should be viewed as an introduction to potential employees, one that will make a lasting impression, and can either drive further interest or propel great candidates away. Focus on hard and soft skills required, and be sure that your employer brand is represented.
- Online job postings are still one of the most useful, cost effective recruitment methods. Online job postings provide access to targeted and specialized groups, such as diversity candidates, as well as enable employers to reach and source hundreds of job seekers with a single posting.
- Measure your success (and failures). Measuring your efforts will help you not only determine how long it takes to fill a position, but also the cost associated with the effort. In the longer-term, assess the types of candidates you bring in. Maintain trackable metrics to determine what works, what practices need improvement and the overall cost to your recruitment budget.
When you work with AJE you experience an unmatched level of service backed by our OFCCP compliance guarantee.
Don't Miss Out!
Sign up to receive compliance and HR news for employers, including our newsletter and industry updates.
Need More Information?
If you'd like to schedule a demo or are interested in any of our OFCCP, diversity or recruiting services, submit the form below and an AJE team member will contact you.