1.0 Accounts Payable Payroll Clerk 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Payroll/Accounts Payable Clerk works in a team capacity to perform the record keeping duties associated with maintaining proper Payroll and Accounts Payable records for the facility. This position performs bi-weekly payroll procedures which include reviewing, processing and posting of payroll information and preparation of any Federal and State regulatory reports as required. This position is also responsible for timely and accurate processing of accounts payable, which includes maintaining vendor profiles and ensuring all expenditures have proper supporting documents and management approval.
Process bi-weekly payroll with all related internal and external reporting requirements and payments in a timely, consistent and accurate manner.
Review timecards in Kronos for accuracy and discuss any issues with department manager or Human Resource Director.
Ensures all time recorded in Kronos is properly approved by management as defined in the policies and procedures.
Ensures payroll files are reviewed and ready transmittal by time determined by the processing bank.
Maintains all payroll and labor related reports and records in an organized and easily retrievable order.
Monitors compliance with hospital timekeeping and payroll related policies and procedures and reports discrepancies and non-compliance to the Controller.
Reviews/records, as appropriate, employee information such as raises, exemptions, miscellaneous deductions, resignations, etc. in order to maintain and update payroll records.
Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
Accurately completes any Federal and State reports by the specified date due including annual submission of IRS W-2 and associated transmittals. If prepared by third party, ensure accurate and timely filing.
Reconciles any payroll related accounts as requested by the Controller.
Complies with current union and physician contracts to ensure proper payment.
Interacts with internal/external auditors and provides payroll information and access to accounting records as requested.
Accounts Payable Duties:
Ensures timely and accurate processing of invoices, purchasing/payment documents through weekly AP check runs.
Ensures weekly audit/review of the check run is completed and documented.
Ensure all expenditures are properly approved as defined in our policies and procedures.
Verifies that expenditures are recorded against the appropriate general ledger accounts and in the correct accounting period.
Manages vendor relations, including discounts, credits, payment terms, W-9 documentation, and statement reconciliation. Interacts with vendors, purchasing and department managers for information and problem resolution.
Complies with all purchased service and professional fee contracts to ensure proper payment.
Performs daily review of online banking and clearing of outstanding checks in the accounting system. Reconciles bank statement with Treasurer and accounting system.
Keeps current on IRS 1099 guidelines and ensures 1099's are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Interacts with internal or external auditors and provides accounts payable information and access to accounting records.
Responsible to ensure the bank deposit is completed daily and the weekly transfer is made to the Treasurer's office.
Completes other duties as assigned by the Controller.
1.Greets all patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff members in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all time. Responds to all patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
2.Reports for scheduled shift on time and prepared to assume responsibilities.
* Reports to work in proper uniform/attire.
* Leaves for meal break on time and returns on time.
* Varies work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
* Ensures the department manager has approved all scheduled overtime.
* Seek supervisor approval before working beyond scheduled hours that will result in overtime.
* Schedules all time off with supervisor's approval.
* Strictly adheres to hospital attendance/tardiness policies 100% of the time.
* Performs all duties as assigned.
* Wears I.D. badge in a visible location at all times on hospital property.
* Protects I.D. and access badge and reports any issues or loss immediately to supervisor or to the Human Resource Department.
3.Attends and participates in meetings and is responsible for information communicated at meetings and in email.
* Attends all mandatory in service on a timely basis as scheduled.
* Participates as an active team member at staff meetings.
* Reads communications and acts upon in a positive and informative manner.
4.Identifies own educational needs and maintains appropriate skill level through educational opportunities.
5.Exercise a commitment to practicing behaviors that are in agreement with the spirit of cooperation and reflect the values described in the Code of Mutual Respect and Professionalism.
6.Assists all patients, family members, physicians, visitors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
* Extends special attention and sensitivity to all patients, visitors, physicians, and fellow employees.
* Actively promote diversity and inclusion across organization for both patients and coworkers while avoiding any language or actions considered to be discriminatory or derogatory regarding race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
* Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork with other departments and community partners.
* Demonstrates a genuine willingness to prevent or resolve inter-personal conflicts.
* Demonstrates the ability to participate in and/or implement team decisions.
* Adheres to HIPAA and all applicable privacy laws at all times, only sharing information on a need to know basis.
7.Follows Infection Control procedures at all times.
* Clinical Personnel: Strictly adheres to standard precautions by adhering to the usage of personal protective equipment when handling blood or body fluids.
* Non-Clinical Personnel: Washes hands and other skin surfaces with soap and water thoroughly and often in an effort to control spreading of germs within the department and facility.
* Adheres to isolation procedures at all times as applicable.
8.Adheres to the following environmental care standards.
* Demonstrates adequate knowledge of safety policies and procedures, the use of MSDS sheets, hazardous material procedures, and safety codes.
* Code Blue, Code Gray, Code Silver, Code Amber, Code Red, Code Orange, Rapid Response Team
* Demonstrates adequate knowledge of security issues, i.e. personal protection, protection of personal and hospital property.
9.Be familiar with and comply with the Mid-Valley Hospital & Clinic Personnel Handbook and Policies.
10.Be familiar with the collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) of the UFCW 21 and Mid-Valley Hospital.
11.Demonstrates the ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
* Non-Clinical Personnel: This position has no responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients. However, the ability to communicate and interact with patients of all ages is required.
Two year degree in Accounting preferred.
Minimum of two years payroll and accounts payable experience preferred
Microsoft Word and Excel, 10-key and general office equipment proficiency is required