2020-3107 - Construction Manager 8/1/2020
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page Welcome page
Log back in!
2020-3107 - CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Job Locations US-CA-Sacramento
Construction / Project Management
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Construction Manager provides the onsite leadership, coordination, and direction for construction management activities. Duties include ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the work fits the requirements for the contract. May supervise field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers and/or Assistant Construction Managers. This position will support construction in the Public Sector. Depending on project assignment(s), travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provides construction management services for county/city projects
* Strong knowledge of state public contracts code, contract documents, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements
* Responsible as onsite liaison between Owner and General Contractor and oversight of daily progress of construction
* Coordinates, directs, and monitors activities of Contractors/ Subcontractors, Engineers, Architects, and related parties
* Manages project controls, cost, schedule, performance activities, and procedures as required
* Conducts project meetings and provides meeting minutes, documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
* Ensures Contractors, Architects, and Engineers will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Management of project logistics, organization and safety
* Performs and supervises project closeout
* Performs other duties as required to ensure project success
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management is preferred
* Extensive Construction Management of California public and detention facilities experience is required
* Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Construction Manager is required
* Ability to oversee multiple contractors and multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required
* Knowledge and application of construction cost estimating, project controls/ scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles and materials, and construction practices are required
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related Construction Management systems are preferred
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS