2020-3114 - Construction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 9/29/2020
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelcome page Welcome page
Log back in!
2020-3114 - CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Job Locations US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-Sausalito | US-CA-Larkspur | US-CA-Mill Valley | US-CA-Daly City
Construction / Project Management
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Construction Manager provides the onsite leadership, coordination, and direction for construction management activities. Duties include ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the design fits the requirements for the contract. May supervise field administrative staff, Field/Project Engineers and/or assistant Construction Managers. This position will support K-12 projects in the Bay Area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Reports to the Deputy Project Director or assigned project leadership. Provides planning, coordination and direction for preconstruction and construction management activities on K-12 projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget, with a high degree of quality, making sure to fulfill the requirements of the contract.
* Provides management support for the client to coordinate, direct and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, state and local agencies and other related project entities.
* Provides administration and processing of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization.
* Provides constructability and peer reviews, estimating and budgets, phasing, contract document preparation, outreach, and bidding activities.
* Provides project controls, cost, and performance activities managing project submittals, RFIs, ongoing schedule reviews, PCO negotiations, compiling change orders, processing payment applications, updates to project record drawings, inspections and reports.
* Leads project meetings and issues meeting minutes for the administration and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
* Monitors progress of the project team and provides routine reporting through daily reports & progress photos, Bi-Weekly progress reports, Submittal & RFI Logs, Change Order Logs.
* Coordinates, directs and monitors activities related to staff and site facilities such as moving classrooms, offices, other school facilities within or between school sites.
* Responsible for project closeout activities including punchlists, trainings, securing record drawings, guarantees, warranties, O&Ms, related provisions for DSA closeout and final project delivery to Owner entities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture is required
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Construction Manager is required
* Experience with public projects in California, specifically with Higher Education, Community College, or K-12 projects is required
* Knowledge of construction contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to construction/project requirements
* Knowledge of database project controls software systems such as EADoc, Prolog, or similar
* Experience with construction contract administration
* Safety Training will be required
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS