6056 -Database Developer - Senior (User Exp/Workflow) 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Database Developer - Senior (User Exp/Workflow)
Job #: 6056
Project Name: DISA Storefront
Project Location: Columbia, Maryland
Clearance: Final Secret w/ SSBI / IT-1 required, Top Secret preferred/US Citizen
Top Secret / IT-1 - favorably adjudicated Tier 5 (T5) investigation (formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)) as a minimum requirement
Job Posting Introduction:
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Database Developer - Journeyman with a Full Secret - IT-1 or Top-Secret Clearance to work in the Columbia, Maryland area. The selected candidate will participate in all phases of the development life cycle from analysis, design, development, troubleshooting to implementation of software applications, procedures, and functions for the DISA Storefront program.
He/she will provide database development services and maintain supporting logic. Required knowledge of Oracle and Apache Cassandra database and developer technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline preferred but not required.
* 5-8+ years design, development and implementing Oracle and/or Apache Cassandra databases.
* Through understanding of Oracle architecture, technologies, design patters and their implementation.
* Must be able to create data model, technical design specifications, activity diagrams, use cases.
* 5+ years' experience with coding testing and analysis.
* Experienced with PL/SQL, DML, DDL, and creating triggers and/or stored procedures in a relational database environment.
* Experienced with Oracle databases specifically in a RedHat Linux and/or Windows Server environment
* Must have knowledge in the following areas:
* J-Query and other Java Script Plug-Ins.
* Structured Query Language (SQL).
* Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL-SQL) functions, packages, database views, constraints, and triggers
* Oracle WebLogic
* Database generated reports and files in Portable Document Format (PDF), Extensible Markup Language (XML), and Microsoft Products
* Source Code Control
* Demonstrated experience and ability projecting long range requirements for database administration and design in coordination with the Government.
* Experience working in a web-based environment.
* Experience with Oracle RDBMS, Client, and associated systems
* Knowledge of completing Database and Instance STIG checklists on newly installed/upgraded database server instances and plans and mitigates findings.
* Ability to install and tailor database management software and create and configure databases, table spaces, and all other related data objects.
* Experience with troubleshooting and resolving database related issues and problems.
* Strong communication, written, and process document skills.
* Excellent proven Communication skills with team and amongst others to include customers, Oracle DBA's, and Windows Administration personnel.
* Final Secret IT-1 required; Top Secret preferred.
* Security + Certification preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Participate in all phases of the database development life cycle from providing well-defined analysis, design, code, development, test strategy, troubleshooting to implementation of software applications, procedures, and functions for the DISA Storefront program.
* Responsible for database design and coding for new software and modifying current software based on the client's requests, monitor, and maintain current databases and develop solutions for client issues.
* Assist with development of delivery and platform engineering diagrams, installation instructions, system configuration requirements and test verification and validation reports.
* Create data model, technical design specifications, activity diagrams, use cases.
* Assist with establishing virtual server environments and creation of instances allocated for Unit testing, integration testing, load, and performance testing, and functionally validation and verification of platform software.
* Assist in application migration, installation, and configuration instructions (VDDs) with the minimum user/administrator input as feasible.
* Ensure installation process configures the application and database instances to meet STIG requirements.
* Routinely use automated code scanning procedures to identify and correct potential vulnerabilities in source code.
* Ensure a performance perspective is utilized during design and development efforts to ensure performance issues are not introduced to the source code.
* Implement required STIGs against platform and notify PMO Security if any deviation to STIG's.
* Support mediation with Oracle and DISA and provide mitigation documentation in conjunction with deviations.
* Implement changes to database architecture to allow updated software to be deployed and run on a STIG constrained RHEL environment in DISA.
* Assist with modification of existing communication process to allow automated updates, inserts, and deletes of transmitted data, and assist in providing the capability to acknowledge receipt of transmitted data.
* Confer with program managers or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities