7000 - Help Desk Technician - Junior 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Help Desk Technician - Junior
Project Location: Columbia, Maryland
Clearance: Final Secret w/ SSBI / IT-1 required, Top Secret preferred/US Citizen
Final Secret / IT-1 / All personnel requiring IT-1 access under this contract/order shall undergo a favorably adjudicated Tier 5 (T5) investigation (formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)) as a minimum requirement. OR Top Secret /
Info: Core business hours is defined as 0800 - 1700 during weekdays (regardless of time zone). Weekends and Federal holidays do not fall within core business hours. Technical support shall be available Monday through Friday during global government business hours.
The DISA Global Service Desk will serve as the inject point for all tickets. Tier II will be the 24/7 escalation point for Tier III call out. Tier III must respond within 2-hours. The goal is to provide customer support to our global user base during their core business hours.
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Help Desk Technician - Junior with a Full Secret - IT-1 or Top-Secret Clearance to work in the Columbia, Maryland area. The Help Desk Technician will support DISA Storefront 24/7/365 DISA Global Service Desk team and will be responsible for all Tier I and Tier II escalated incidents, to perform proactive near-real-time system monitoring that is applicable to the DISA Storefront solutions/application troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets, collaborate with development team to recreate problems in test environment, verify issue resolution on customer's behalf, verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and update using the Remedy ticketing system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or training or work experience.
* 3+ years of directly related experience in supporting Tier I and II Help Desk operations.
* Proficient in the use of Remedy, JIRA, Kinetic Data, or Service Now for process tracking.
* Training on specific technologies (e.g. Oracle, Sybase, RedHat, Windows, ClearCase, Serena etc.).
* Familiar with a variety of field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Experience in providing technical support and troubleshooting network, desktop and/or systems hardware and software.
* Knowledgeable in the use of remote-control utilities to resolve customer issues.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
* Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
* Ability to efficiently handle stressful situations.
Final Secret IT-1 required; Top Secret preferred.
Security + Certification
Help Desk support experience on the DISA Storefront project.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide Tier I and II help desk support. Ensure that all phases of help desk support are properly coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately in a timely manner.
* Respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support. Maintain a Software Support Activity Report which will be used to track and report system and application support, incident, and problem tickets as well as the resolution of those tickets.
* Update Known Error Database for problem resolution.
* Provide Level 1-2 support for escalated incidents, and perform proactive near-real-time system monitoring that is applicable to the DISA Storefront solution/application(s), requiring DISA Storefront application-specific knowledge and reach-back to Oracle, as necessary, to resolve product issues.
* Ensure that on-demand assistance, within normal duty hours, when questions arise from resource advisors are responded to within 1-hour of notification.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities