2020 Process Engineering Intern (Geiger)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/25/2020
END DATE 3/13/2020
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Process Engineering Intern at Geiger and do both.
About This Opportunity
Our Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As a Process Engineering Intern working at Geiger, you will analyze, recommend, and implement improvements to production processes and product routing documentation.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Work with the processes for documentation for product routing.
* Take good notes, showing your work and assumptions.
* Apply Lean manufacturing principles.
* Spend the majority of your time with teams on the production floor.
* Gain exposure to a wide variety of areas in manufacturing.
* Work with a cross-functional team to complete an intern project.
* Gain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
* Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you are...
* Knowledgeable of Lean principles and their application.
* Interested in learning new things and working with diverse groups.
* Personable, a team player, and have previous manufacturing experience.
* An early riser and willing to work flexible hours.
* Able to communicate effectively with people at various levels, including Production, Engineering, and management.
* Enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You must have a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your major) to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
* Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
* In favorable academic standing within your current academic program.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Geiger, why we do things and how we do them are inexorably one - achieving quality through craft, celebrating materiality through elegant simplicity, improving the work environment with beautiful furniture designed to endure. Our people do more than power our teams, they also empower each other. Ask any team member and they're likely to tell you that they may have come to Geiger for the opportunity, but they stay at Geiger because of the people. It feels like family.
That family-feel is important to us, but Geiger is also able to offer big company benefits thanks to our relationship with Herman Miller. We were acquired by Herman Miller in 1999. Today, we share the same cultural values - contributing to strong communities, celebrating inclusiveness and diversity, promoting health and wellness, and working toward our Earthright environmental goals - as Herman Miller, a nationally recognized leader in the areas of family benefits, work-life balance, occupational safety, and corporate equality. If a culture of problem-solvers sounds like the place for you, then you may want to explore career opportunities at Geiger. For more information about Geiger or Herman Miller, visit www.geigerfurniture.com or www.hermanmiller.com.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.