6058 - Test Engineer/Business Analyst Journeyman (COTS Integration Team) 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Test Engineer/Business Analyst - Journeyman (COTS Integration Team)
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Clearance: Final Secret w/ SSBI / IT-1 required, Top Secret preferred/US Citizen
Final Secret / IT-1 / All personnel requiring IT-1 access under this contract/order shall undergo a favorably adjudicated Tier 5 (T5) investigation (formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)) as a minimum requirement. OR Top Secret / IT-1
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer/Business Analyst - Journeyman with a Full Secret - IT-1 or Top-Secret Clearance to work in the Columbia, Maryland area. The candidate will be responsible for integrating automated tests with continuous integration/continuous development systems for software being used on DISA Storefront Systems, developing automated test pipelines, and providing sustainment service to include troubleshooting, modifying, and upgrading test infrastructure.
Project will include design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the client's systems, as well as the support, maintenance, administration and upgrading of software, test, development, and production environments. The system is highly available with little or no downtime. The candidate will be responsible for performing prototype development, first article testing, environmental testing, independent verification and validation, demonstration and validation, simulation and modeling, system safety, quality assurance, education and training, and physical testing of the product or system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 3+ years of demonstrated experience with software development and test planning, ability to write, review, modify and execute technical test procedures and execution.
* 3+ years' experience operating as part of an Agile and DevSecOps environment.
* Background and experience with developing automated unit, integration, and system tests such as standing up automated test suites to test and report quality, vulnerability, and performance metrics utilizing open source tools such as (e.g. JUNIT, Selenium, Ant, Maven, Groovy etc.).
* Knowledgeable in requirements analysis, design specifications, and testing strategy to establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, and develop test scenarios.
* Proficient in testing analysis and design, and test specifications to evaluate and validate test cases and scripts, develop test specifications, validate test specifications, validate testing coverage, escalate quality issues for resolution, evaluate test automation tools and validate testing environment in order to develop test specifications.
* Experience developing Java-based client-server applications.
* Experience developing functional web application front ends with AngularJS.
* Background testing robust web application back-ends with Java servlets.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Final Secret IT-1 required; Top Secret preferred.
* Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field.
* Experience working in a government setting.
* 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies. Docker or OpenShift preferred.
* Security + Certification
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate with DISA Storefront client and software support engineers through all phases of product lifecycle to clarify requirements and ensure testability.
* Analyze requirements and develop test automation strategies within container-based CI/CD pipelines in a cloud environment.
* Design, develop, test, and package software for the current baseline as updates and future baselines as upgrades.
* Analyze, isolate, characterize, document, and resolve complex application software anomalies and deficiencies.
* Develop source code and configurations to automate build, test, and deployment of applications.
* Develop and execute test automation using open source tools (e.g. JUNIT, Selenium) in an Agile & DevSecOps environment.
* Apply, design, and build automated test frameworks and leverage automation to ensure capabilities are rapidly built, tested, and deployed.
* Test software for the current baseline as updates and future baselines.
* Set up test coverage tools and tracking metrics for high code quality.
* Write, create, and modify test scripts for various test categories (i.e. unit, integration, system, regression, functionality, security, performance).
* Record test results, report and verify software bug fixes to accept criteria.
* Assist with creating and maintaining test environments that simulates real-world conditions.
* Conduct system performance tuning and fault isolation services.
* Integrate appropriate security measures into developed software services.
* Manages and provide technical guidance and participates in requirements gathering and information systems design and development.
* Implements information engineering projects, systems analysis, design, and programming using CASE and IE tools and methods, systems planning, business information planning, and business analysis.
* May supervise one more testers or test engineers.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities