(TNVA) Special Education Teacher- Grades K-5- 2019/20 11/7/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(TNVA) Special Education Teacher- Grades K-5- 2019/20
[TNVA] SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (GRADES K-5) INSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate Elementary School Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, TNVA. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
FIRST YEAR TEACHERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
* Teaching Certificate(s)
* Performance Evaluations
* Prior Year State Assessment Data
* Reference Letter(s)
The mission of TNVA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* INSTRUCTIONAL ENVIRONMENT - Implementing instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
* Creating instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
* BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS - Collaborating with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
* PROFESSIONALISM - Actively participating in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
* COMMUNICATION - Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
* DATA DRIVEN PRACTICE - Analyzing student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
* Participating in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
Get To Know (TNVA) !
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
* Bachelor s degree
* Appropriate state certification
* Meets state s NCLB s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* Ability to CLEAR required background check(s)
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working in a virtual environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend