2020 geotechnical engineer intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/22/2020
END DATE 6/16/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you ll be getting into?
From the moment you join us, you ll be immersed in what it s like to be an engineer at Mott MacDonald. You ll work with a team of exceptional engineers and scientists who have a passion for consultant engineering. From your first week, you ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills you ve been studying, to begin your career in the profession.
An internship should be more than just a job. We want you to utilize the skills you learn throughout your time here and use them throughout the rest of your life. Our company s culture provides you with the opportunity to be creative, promotes inclusion and diversity, and allows you to take ownership of your work.
As an intern, your responsibilities may include:
* An introduction to conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
* An introduction to site inspection, investigation and monitoring
* An introduction to design calculation, computation using formula and preparation of calculations
* Review, assistance and modification of reports, specifications and studies
* Introductory opportunities to use crucial software to civil engineering design related project
We are looking for flexible and motivated students with a genuine drive to become a successful engineer. We want you to have a desire to make a difference in the world and, if this describes you, apply today to begin your career.
To be considered for this internship position, you will currently be working towards a bachelor s or master s degree in geotechnical engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules or previous work experience. You ll also have:
* A methodical approach to problem solving.
* Prior relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience preferred.
* An ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
* Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
* Excellent written communication and attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and write accurate reports.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.