Experienced Civil Design Water Resources Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/25/2019
END DATE 9/15/2020
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a place where you can expand your career and work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? As an Experienced Civil Design - Water Resources Engineer in Los Angeles, CA, you will work on complex projects involving innovative urban stormwater management & natural surface water systems, including sustainable green infrastructure planning studies, urban stormwater infrastructure design, innovative green infrastructure, flood mitigation practices, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis including dam breach studies & floodplain mapping, stream restoration, surface water, watershed, and stormwater runoff monitoring/modeling, industrial & construction site NPDES permitting support and inspections, and Clean Water Act regulatory support.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
* Full life-cycle experience with civil infrastructure projects - from planning / design development, design and bid package preparation, through construction, operation, and maintenance including related pump and piping systems.
* Design experience with stormwater conveyance, detention, retention and LID features in the public right-of-way.
* Prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates for water resource projects utilizing commonly used software applications and specialized engineering software applications such as Civil 3D.
* Directing the design team in completion of projects, ensuring design quality processes are followed, pursuing plan check and final signoff with local public agencies.
* Thorough knowledge of local (Southern California and Los Angeles City and County) design criteria, practices, and protocols, including agency plan check procures to signoff.
* Knowledge of construction methods, procedures, and site complexities.
* Knowledgeable of relevant environmental concerns associated with storm drainage and flood control.
* Working knowledge of site and boundary survey practices.
* Compile data for and assists in making studies or tests relating to the location, size and capacity of other engineering structures or facilities.
* Perform design and drafting assignments on time and within budget.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships both inside and outside firm by effectively communicating with the client and multi-discipline project team.
* Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
* Oversee activities of Junior designers and junior engineers, including establishing design parameters, expected design product of specific projects.
* "Go to" design person and serve as a design mentor to Junior staff.
* Ability to determine appropriate design hours and assist in budget and schedule development for proposals.
* Serve as primary point of contact with client with respect to understanding expectations for design, communicating issues and requesting information to assist with completing design.
The selected candidate(s) will have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments with minimal supervision. The individual will also be required to perform tasks in other company practice areas as needed.
Tasks will be designed to develop knowledge, skills and abilities in these technical disciplines and the business of professional consulting services. Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, our selected candidate(s) would also be expected to play a significant role in helping build the future of our practice through lead generation, business development, project management, staff development, and mentoring.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you'll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Experienced Civil Design - Water Resources Engineer position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, defensive driving certification, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
* Fieldwork: Up to 30%
* Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. (required)
* Professional registration as a P.E. (Professional Engineer) within state guidelines. (required)
* Minimum of 6 years of civil design experience for water resources projects. (required)
* Demonstrated experience in traditional civil/structural and geotechnical engineering around storm water and floodwater systems, as well as report writing. (required)
* Experience with Microsoft Office software, CADD, and scheduling software, e.g. MS Project or Primavera and modeling and design software tools such as EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS. (preferred)
* The ability and willingness to perform CM duties, limited fieldwork, and some travel.(required)
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02116
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance