Research Enrollment Coordinator/ 40 hours/ PPM Biobank
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/10/2019
END DATE 1/22/2020
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT: Summarize the nature and level of work performed.
The Partners HealthCare Biobank is a large research program designed to help researchers understand how peoples health is affected by their genes, lifestyle, and environment. Research Enrollment Coordinators work independently and in a team on a daily basis and report to the project manager as needed or in regularly scheduled meetings. Research Enrollment Coordinators recruit and perform phlebotomy on patients who are being seen at 10 BWH outpatient practices. Research Enrollment Coordinators are responsible for doing patient education, obtaining consent, performing phlebotomy, and entering and maintaining patient and survey data. Research Enrollment Coordinators work with multiple investigators and physicians on the Partners Biobank and collaborating studies. Principal duties may vary over time with grant funding and project demands, and with skill level of other staff assigned to projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
1. Coordinates the implementation, both internally and externally, of the Partners Biobank at BWH.
2. Initiates and maintains recruitment contact with potential study participants using specialized software.
3. Works in concert with Principal Investigator and/or Research Manager, develops and implements patient recruitment strategies.
4. Responsible for managing and recruiting patients at twelve different recruitment sites. Assists with responding to patient inquiries about the Partners Biobank.
5. Conducts phlebotomy (blood draws) on research subjects.
6. Assists with the development, organization, and/or maintaining the study database. Responsible for data validation and quality control.
7. Coordinates with Consent Tracking to ensure proper subject identification, oversee collection of discarded samples, and recommend system improvements.
8. Recommends changes to research protocols.
9. Assists with the production of patient and/or physician education material, research newsletters, development of web content and online project communication.
10. Assists with clinic expansion at new sites.
11. All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
1. BS or BA degree required.
2. Research experience working with data collected from questionnaires and patients preferred but not required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Must have strong organizational skills, database management and computer skills.
4. Must possess a great deal of integrity to maintain confidentiality.
5. Phlebotomy certification preferred but not required.
6. Spanish fluency preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
People: Focus on serving a diverse community through collaboration and respect
Inclusiveness: Maintain an environment where individuals value and respect differences in all situations. Stand firm against intolerance and bias to create a welcoming environment and respect all individuals regardless of race, gender identity, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, religion, socio-economic status, or national origin.
Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, talents, roles, backgrounds and/or styles.
Contribute to a positive team environment where differences are respected, supported and are free from stereotyping and offensive comments.
Be professional when approached about behaviors that might be perceived as disrespectful.
Must have interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients from varied backgrounds, MDs, researchers and other team members.
Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be able to prioritize and organize work responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
Must possess integrity to maintain confidentiality.
Must demonstrate accuracy in recording data.
Must possess strong database management and overall computer skills.
Must be able to make independent judgments for the above mentioned job duties and responsibilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
Works in normal office environment and hospital clinic where there are no discomforts due to extreme temperature, dust, and the like.
Office is based in the Longwood Medical Area.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.