This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/28/2019
END DATE 9/9/2020
NCI Information Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID 2019-4264
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
NCI: The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for working with the development team and business users to perform QA testing based on documented business requirements. Applying a thorough understanding of SDLC and SQA methodology, the QA Tester creates and maintains AUTOMATED scripts, and carries out hands on testing efforts both manually and using automated test tools to exercise software. The QA Tester also creates and updates defect tracking logs and works with development teams and users to ensure that all defects are resolved. QA Tester will assist Test Lead in preparing test plans and schedules by focusing on important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the Test Lead. Provide guidance to junior-level test engineers on manual and automated testing. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Maintain, setup, design, and configure software test environments
* Develop automated test frameworks and scripts
* Develop reusable test code
* Design and implement system test and regression plans, test cases, and automated test scripts.
* Develop Test Plans and build test cases and test data sets based upon the documented system requirements
* Perform manual and automated testing
* Report issues by using a formal bug tracking system and interface with the development team to help resolve bugs/issues.
* Review test cases of more junior team members to ensure adequate test coverage (positive, negative, and exception handling), adherence to coding standards, and appropriate automation.
* Experience implementing, designing, planning, and conducting comprehensive release and regression test
* Knowledge in applying test automation procedures
* Meets deadlines, achieves results, and adjusts quickly to alternating priorities
* Work closely with the client and development engineers to understand features and establish test strategies, design comprehensive test plans and robust test cases
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent related experience
* Applicants MUST be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Department of Justice (DOJ) Moderate Background Investigation (MBI).
* Bachelor of Science in a technical field and 5 years of general technology experience required;
* 3 years of test automation including developing frameworks and automated test scripts
* Experience with databases, SQL, and Web-based applications is required;
* 2 years of experience with HP UFT (Unified Functional Testing) test automation tool
* 2 7 Years of experience
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
* Works independently or with teams
* Able to multi-task
* Experience with MS Office tools
* Good interpersonal communication, written and verbal presentation skills for interacting with team members, leadership and clients
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.