Executive Director, New Product Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/18/2020
END DATE 9/9/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes is a leader in innovative medicines that address the unmet needs and challenges of people living with debilitating diseases. As an integrated global biopharmaceutical company, Alkermes applies our scientific expertise, proprietary technologies, and global resources to develop products that are designed to make a meaningful difference in the way patients manage their disease.
Through our proven scientific, development and commercial capabilities, Alkermes is uniquely positioned to be an engine of innovative treatments for major clinical conditions specifically focused on central nervous system disorders. Alkermes is in an exciting phase of growth with a diversified portfolio of commercial products and an exciting pipeline of products across the clinical stages.
To achieve our goals for continued growth we are looking for an experienced leader to head our New Product Planning team. This position offers an ambitious and experienced candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to the long-term commercial success through the management of development products in multiple therapeutic areas with primary responsibility for strategic thinking, positioning and market understanding primarily in the areas of CNS and oncology.
As a core member of the cross-functional development team, the Sr. Director of New Product planning will lead the development of strong commercialization and communications strategies for all pipeline products to assure successful market introduction and long-term product performance. The Sr. Director will lead a team of specialists who will be responsible for communicating the commercial strategy to the development organization and for building consensus on go-to-market development strategies that maximize the potential of the development asset.
* Lead the New Product Planning team to develop the commercial strategies for all early and late-stage development programs across multiple therapeutic areas
* Provide global commercial franchise leadership on cross-functional project teams
* Coordinate market research activities to obtain a clear understanding of current and future unmet needs and market dynamics for each pipeline product
* Lead the development of target product profiles for early stage R&D programs, based on thorough understanding of market dynamics and potential future trends
* Working closely with the forecasting team , lead the development of all commercial forecasts for internal pipeline programs
* Monitor overall market dynamics and competitive intelligence in relevant therapeutic areas
* Understand and communicate requirements for registration, reimbursement, and differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products globally
* Work closely with internal and external key opinion leaders to provide input and guidelines for development products, treatment pathways and treatment approaches. Translate key inputs to develop actionable development strategies.
* Facilitate the transition of all products to brand marketing teams at designated time
* Participate as an active member of cross functional product teams responsible for: CMC, regulatory approval, policy issues, patients concerns, and scientific leadership
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelors degree is required (advanced degree preferred)
* Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in pharmaceutical product development, or lifecycle/ new product planning is required
* Minimum of 15 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or roles in life sciences/healthcare consulting is preferred
* Previous experience with and / or understanding of the relationship between clinical trial design, label development, and promotional messaging is required
* Previous experience in a commercial assessment role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., HCP, Payers, Patients) and/or different business perspectives (e.g., clinical, R&D, marketing) is required
* Knowledge of oncology and/or CNS sales and marketing strongly preferred, but not required
* Global experience strongly preferred, but not required
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
* Significant analytic skills, able to clearly interpret and distill scientific, clinical and commercial information
Basic understanding of key marketing and market research principles
Familiarity with secondary research and databases
* Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems
* Ability to work, influence, and gain consensus across multiple functions (sales, finance, product development, public affairs, medical affairs)
* Ability to anticipate challenges and defend positions with factual information
* Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Understanding of industry code of conduct and ethics
Overnight travel ~10-15%
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.