Application Developer, Design Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/9/2020
END DATE 9/15/2020
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Role
As an Senior Engineering Application Developer, you will help shape the next generation of engineering software and fulfill Design Technology s mission to accelerate the pace of product development across our whole portfolio of vehicle, energy and solar products.
To fulfill its goal, the Design Technology team is injecting core software engineering principles in the mechanical engineering world. We are:
* Making the design work more efficient by developing state of the art tools.
* Driving better decision making by ensuring that design data is broadly available.
* Accelerating design iterations by shrinking the feedback loop.
Your role as an Senior Engineering Application Developer will be to develop robust engineering application in line with Design Technology s mission.
The ideal candidate has a proven experience with Product Lifecycle Management system and modern development methodology (CICD/Containers/Kubernetes).
* Design, Develop and maintain software focusing on engineering data authoring
* Continually learn, set, teach, apply software best practices, tools and technologies
* Experience with CAD automation (specifically CATIA V5/V6, DELMIA V6), such as C#, Enterprise Knowledge Language (EKL), VBA, and CAA API
* Experience with C++ & C#
* Aptitude for extending capabilities of 3rd party applications
* Strong knowledge of Design Methodologies and Manufacturing Processes
* Experience with building scalable systems
* Experience with source control management (git)
* Experience with CICD pipeline and how to integrate each component in that pipeline
* Evidence of Exceptional Ability
* Strong work ethic, a quality and documentation focused attitude, and a passion for making engineering efficient.
* Applicants should be highly self-directed, with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, scrappy and fast-paced environment
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.