Sr. Reliability Engineer, Energy Storage and Supercharging Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/9/2020
END DATE 9/15/2020
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Role
We re looking for exceptional Reliability Engineers to join Tesla s Energy Reliability team. This role follows the reliability lifecycle of the product from concept to design, development, manufacturing, and field operation to design-in, confirm and grow exceptional reliability at every stage. You will be utilizing large-scale data and help Tesla engineers design and validate the most compelling and reliable products for our customers.
* Set and communicate reliability requirements and targets for products, subsystems, and components.
* Create Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability.
* Facilitate Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
* Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
* Apply statistical analysis to test (accelerated life) and field (life) data to inform reliability physics modeling/analyses and associated corrective actions.
* Work closely with Design and Reliability Data engineers to create/interpret/validate numeric models of fielded and in-test products.
* Specify reliability validation plans for components and subsystems using physics of failure.
* Provide guidance on sample size requirements and durations for reliability testing using lifetime models and reliability statistics.
* Drive reliability assessments in product design reviews and clearly communicate risk at each phase of product development and for released products.
* Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution of failures occurring during product development.
* Research failure mechanisms to build more robust validation plans and influence design choices.
* Influence supplier selection for higher reliability and provide clear guidance on reliability requirements and demonstration to suppliers.
* Provide reliability design guidelines and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
* Answer complex questions on fleet usage and behavior to enable proactive health monitoring, grow reliability, and minimize field failures
* Understanding of accelerated testing methods, governing equations, and physics of failure for different failure mechanisms
* Understanding of applied statistics and reliability statistics (Weibull distribution, Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Bayesian methods, Monte Carlo analysis, etc.)
* Working knowledge of failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM, CSAM, X-ray, cross-sectioning and EDX.
* Knowledge of the ReliaSoft Synthesis Platform, including Weibull++, BlockSim, ALTA, RGA, and xFMEA
* Knowledge of methods to design-in reliability for electronics, including electronic computer-aided design and mechanical computer-aided engineering (CAE) data into 3D finite element models (e.g. using Sherlock)
* Working knowledge of programming languages, preferably Python
* Experience in leading cross functional teams with strong communication skills
* Knowledge of reliability growth techniques, such as Crow-AMSAA and Crow Extended is a plus
* Knowledge of reliability warranty analysis and reliability prediction methods.
* Experience working with complex electro-mechanical systems.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Physics and one or more years of industry experience in a reliability engineering role, Master s degree in Reliability Engineering preferred.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.