Mission-Focused Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB POSTING:
Are you looking to use (and grow) your network engineering skills to support and drive forward mission-critical customer networks and systems to truly see the impact of your work in improving the security of our nation each and every day? We re looking for a Network Engineer to support, maintain, and improve networks and networking infrastructure supporting mission-critical defensive cyber missions. In this role you ll perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, engineering, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets and exceeds our customer s expectations! You ll also get to regularly engage with vendors, helping learn from the experts, and share your knowledge to improve the quality and mental computing power of our entire team! You ll also get to prove technical direction and expertise in numerous additional opportunities with our customers and missions to help drive our networking architecture and design into the future!
* Leveraging (and growing) your expertise in networking and routing protocols to administer firewalls including next-gen Application level firewalls and maintaining IT security systems.
* Building and testing simulations to identify and validate solutions to issues within the network infrastructure.
* Designing, planning, and implementing both new and legacy network technology that directly supports the goals of the mission.
* Proactively revamping, restructuring, and implementing evolutionary system standards to improve the performance of the networks and systems, in addition to upholding and maintaining the network to its highest level of performance
* Designing, configuring, establishing, and maintaining complex switching environments to meet customer requirements or enhance network performance.
* HS Diploma and eight (8) years of general experience in system administration OR a Bachelor's Degree (in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline) and four (4) years of experience
* DoD 8570 IAT II security compliance (Security+ certification)
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.