Manager, Quality Assurance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/10/2020
The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding
product safety and quality while meeting Company and
regulatory standards, and has oversight responsibility
for a continuous quality improvement program that
includes quality control and quality assurance. This
person is responsible for ensuring that the production
and distribution of products meets or exceeds all
quality standards. This person also has responsibility
for communicating quality results and the transfer of
quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
* Manages the operation of the plant laboratory,
including ensuring supplies and equipment are
* Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and
compliance with company standards as stated in the
Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and
* Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product
quality/performance and process optimization.
* Provides leadership in coaching, education and
training of management staff and plant employees for
Quality Assurance; seeks assistance as needed from
other Saputo training resources.
* Oversee quality control systems to include hold
programs and traceability exercises; lab procedures;
food safety programs, including FMSA compliance;
product functionality evaluations; process
verification programs; internal and external audits,
and environmental microbiological monitoring
* Review and maintain all quality control test
results. Evaluate analytical testing results and
disposition of finished product to ensure customer
specifications are met.
* Reviews all product labels used in the facility and
ensures adherence to regulatory and Company
* Maintains or ensures the maintenance of the Saputo
Nutritional Database System for the facility.
* Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and
Company standards for raw milk quality.
* Supervises the appropriate chemical,
bacteriological, sensory, antiobiotic and
utilization tests on raw materials and pasteurized
* Communicates quality metric and inspection results
to appropriate managers and others in leadership
positions including, but not limited to daily,
weekly or monthly KPI reporting.
* Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are
utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are
performed; provides troubleshooting efforts in the
event of sanitation system failure.
* Act as the liaison for local, state, customer/third
party, and federal audits and inspections.
* Is responsible for expense management and control,
including labor and Cost of Quality utilizing
Continuous Improvement techniques.
* Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change
agent with all departments within the Company.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating and delegating.
* Ensure consistent application of company policies
and procedures. Support employee progressive
disciplinary action activities in partnership with
* Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in a science-based area of study
and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
* Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on
plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry
operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems,
techniques and procedures.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Possesses understanding of the basics of change
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate,
develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in
support of plant operations.