Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/7/2020
END DATE 7/16/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR. PRINCIPAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER -- LASER TECHNOLOGY
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Laser Technology Principal Manufacturing Engineer will develop, characterize, document and maintain laser drilling process of advanced vertical probe card applications. This critical role requires an advanced technical knowledge of laser systems and will be responsible for the research, development and implementation of laser drilling processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Troubleshoot any production issue, perform failure analysis, propose and implement resolutions.
* Provide the manufacturing files and instructions for the new designs to ensure manufacturing readiness.
* Collaborate with upper and down stream process owners and other internal teams to perform any root cause analysis, process improvement and technical development.
* Review the feasibility analysis of new designs with world-wide design team and provide feedback according to process capability and company business needs.
* Initiate and drive the continuous improvement projects to improve process capability and First Pass Yield (FPY).
* Develop and implement process procedures and protocols, and train production operations on new procedures.
* Monitor process and tool health with SPC and other process control tools.
* Execute statistical and analytical analysis to understand the process/issue in depth.
* Create or update operator work instructions for various processes and process improvements.
* Create or update Visual Defect Criteria with Revision control that is used to enable operators to disposition non-conformances.
* Performs operator training and certifications across CWW shifts.
* Coaches or trains technicians to develop teamwork, leadership and technical skills.
* Establish quality controls on laser drilling dimensions and process capability for laser tools & materials
* Develop, characterize, and document laser drill processes for advanced vertical probe capabilities.
* Establish quality controls on guide-plate hole dimensions and ensure consistency across internal and external sources
* Set up and maintenance of laser systems for drilling processes
* Monitor and improve throughput, quality, yield and uptime of guide plates.
* Develop solutions for drilling within extremely tight tolerances & shape control
* Building, optimization, and characterization of laser systems for drilling of ceramic materials
* Optical design & modeling of laser systems, including thermal management
* Development of new laser processes
* Occasional on/off site production support during nights or weekends is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering+ 4-6 years or experience equivalent. Master s Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment.
* Thorough understanding of Laser physics and techniques needed to achieve required performance, cost, and production goals.
* Laser scientist or optical engineering experience required; High power laser R & D and UV Lasers experience strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated use of Laser for micromachining applications and/or drilling of ceramic materials.
* Working knowledge of optical, electro-optical, and opto-mechanical design and testing.
* Experience in assembling, handling, and testing opto-mechanical and electro-optic assemblies and sub systems.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, document, maintain, and improve optical manufacturing processes and procedures.
* Demonstrated experience in laser system design, development and performance testing.
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team or individual environment.
* Effective communication and leadership skills that represent the FormFactor cultural values
* Experience to work with cross-functional teams to effectively accomplish task in a timely manner.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Willingness to take responsibility and ownership.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Capability to adapt to the company s changing needs and priorities and be a self-motivated team player.
* Programming skills a plus, Matlab, VBA and similar language preferred.
* Solid skills with AutoCad and solid works a must.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment..