QA Engineer - Web Applications, NextApp
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/7/2020
END DATE 7/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Transportation Systems powers the future of travel for major cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Over 60% of public transit rides in the US, UK, and Australia use Cubic s systems to make travel easier.
Our Transportation Platforms division builds a number of software platforms and services that power things like fare collection, real time passenger information, transit schedule management, trip planning, and more. We are an agile team focused on delivering software products.
NextApp brings together Cubic s experience in public transit fare collection, ticketing, fleet operations, real time passenger information and more with Moovit s multimodal journey planning to deliver world-class experience for public transportation riders (check out our press release). We re incredibly excited to push the boundaries in providing an amazing experience for riders and transportation authorities and want people passionate about the future of transportation to join our team.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Cubic help ensure that our software releases go smoothly and that we ve put the right protections in place pre and post deployment to minimize errors, comply with ISO standards, and continuously improve the quality of software products and services at NextApp.
Quality Assurance is an organization focused on objectivity, repeatability, and observability. Pre-deployment, QA focuses upon making sure we have the right systems, tests, and automation in place to ship software with confidence. Post-deployment, QA focuses on ensuring that we are quickly addressing issues and continuously improving.
Quality Assurance Engineers are embedded into our Product Engineering teams and participate in the software development lifecycle.
* Ensures functional requirements and quality standards are met through collaboration with Engineering and Product
* Ensures quality goals and objectives are being met pre-deployment through a combination of process, tools, tests, and culture
* Ensures quality can be observed post-deployment by configuring and integrating tools such as application performance monitoring, error and crash reporting, etc.
* Partner with amazing engineers to help deliver high quality, scalable, and performant applications integral to millions of people s daily lives
* Helps with issue triage and root cause analysis to ensure quick remediation of issues in production
* Assists in the deployment, documentation, and development of automated testing programs for mobile applications.
* 5 years' experience and a Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
* Test development and automation for Web Applications (APIs, SPAs, web applications)
* Root cause analysis of errors and unexpected system behaviors
* Browser automation tools (BrowserSync, GhostLab, Selenium)
* Developing integration, system, and functional test suites
* Use of source control (git, svn, perforce)
* Understanding of web protocols such as HTTP and DNS
* Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools (Atlassian Suite, GitHub, GitLab)
* Automated cross-brower, cross-device testing with tools like SauceLabs or BrowserStack
* Integrating tests within a CI pipeline
* Multiple transport protocols and formats (e.g. REST, gRPC, protobufs)
* Testing go applications
* Testing Angular and React applications
* Java application testing with JUnit
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law