Field Service Specialist (NYC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/19/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
At the heart of QIAGEN s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
On site Field support of QIAGEN, Peak Service and/or Excalibur supported instruments. Position based in New York .
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and support instruments on all levels (hardware and software).
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers and references.
- Assist in Meeting/exceeding sales targets and related KPI's in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, in a timely fashion and in line with any regulatory requirements.
- Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information to the organization.
- Positively represent QIAGEN in front of the customer, be a good example
- Bachelor's Degree in science; Medical Technology, Engineering; or 3-5 Years of relevant work experience in a laboratory environment, field service or technical call center.
- Preferable Automation hardware experience in areas such as diagnostics, molecular biology or hematology and chemistry.
- Service and support experience within the after sales service business.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Extensive travel required (85%).
- Valid driver s license and willingness to travel, nationally and internationally.
- Availability to work shifts during the day, night and/or weekend if required.
- Ability to lift ~50lb or 25kgs.
- Location: New York (can be based in Westchester County).
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.