Surgical Technologist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 9/10/2020
Southern Maine Health Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY MaineHealth is a not-for-profit family of high-quality providers and healthcare organizations committed to the health and well-being of the communities and people we serve. As the largest healthcare organization in Maine and a leading healthcare provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation's top integrated healthcare delivery networks.
* Position Summary
* The Surgical Technologist's (CST)'s responsibilities involve preparing the operating room and instruments, equipment and supplies that will be needed, as well as passing instruments, sponges and sutures to surgeons. Implicit in this assignment is the responsibility to promote positive, effective communication with all team members.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology preferred.
* Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
* Previous experience as a Surgical Tech preferred.
* Minimum of six months having the responsibilities/activities of the scrub role in the academic or clinical setting preferred.
* Demonstrates the ability to provide quality patient care while communicating effectively with members of the surgical team.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program, Paid Parental Leave, and discounted home and auto insurance. You'll also enjoy the employee discounts you'll receive with our 'Perks Card' and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status