SUE Technician IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/27/2020
This position is similar to a utility locator or utility designator
At KCI, we re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
This position is similar to a utility locator or utility designator which requires 3 7 years of utility locating or utility designating experience using many types of pipe and cable locating devices including Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR). Select and implement proper maintenance of traffic signage and follow safety precautions. Experience in Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) according to the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is necessary. Surveying, CADD and vacuum excavation truck experience a plus.
Target candidate may be required to operate and maintain a vacuum excavation truck and related equipment safely and efficiently. Designate/locate a variety of underground utilities, understand as-built drawings and roadway plans, create legible field sketches, perform records research, operate and maintain vacuum excavation equipment, and supervise multiple 2 and 3 person crews. Hold monthly safety meetings and identify potential safety hazards and create a corrective action plan when safety hazards are recognized. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to follow instructions, training and mentoring crews with a positive can-do attitude are necessities. Must possess leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to accurately designate and locate various subsurface utilities in varied site conditions. Ability to perform some equipment maintenance tasks a plus. Mechanical aptitude is desired.
A valid current driver s license and have the ability to obtain a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical card for Commercial Motor Vehicle operation is required. Current Commercial Driver s License is a plus. NULCA or other certification is a plus.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, walk for extended periods, work in all weather conditions, willing to work evenings/weekends when required, willing to travel for overnight and extended stay projects as required.
* High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Minimum of 4 - 8 years of experience.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
* Participate in cross - training as requested to build a stronger team
* Communicate your work flow needs to your team and to your supervisor
* Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
* Accurately records and reports daily forms per project requirements
* Communicates effectively with client, contractor, staff, and supervisor
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Proactively resolves problems at the lowest level
* Adheres to project scope, schedule, and budget
* Reviews all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting
* Submits accurate time sheets, mileage and expense reports on time each week
* Reviews jobsite safety daily and takes immediate action to document and resolve issues
* Understands OSHA Safety Standards and KCI corporate policies and follows them at all times
* Accurately record and report your work each day on the forms provided
* Inspect and correct your own work before turning it in
* Perform all task assignments using required industry standards
* Review all work assigned to you before beginning your work
* Understand all applicable industry standards for your assigned tasks
* Work with your team to maximize your production and accuracy to help us achieve our goal
* Has the specific knowledge to perform all duties
* Maintains all required certifications and participates in training courses as required
* Understands all applicable industry standards for project and performs all tasks per standards and client requirements
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employee Stock Ownership
*Some Part Time positions are not eligble for benefits.
*Temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.