Software Documentation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
ENSCO s Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division designs, develops, and manufactures precision, high speed, real-time track inspection systems for the national and international railway market. We are presently seeking a Software Documentation Engineer to join our engineering staff for the technical documentation of design, development, configuration and testing that support the measurement and inspection system technology products.
Given the variety, volume and velocity of data, data structures and configuration that we support, we are documenting and rearchitecting our system to allow for more reusable and consistent designs across multiple software applications. This also means we will rearchitect legacy applications in data formats, database structure, back end services, and User Interfaces (UI) to support the new architecture.
As an engineering team member, you will have the opportunity to participate in our end-to-end workflow including requirements gathering, working closely with our business product owners, documenting software technical architecture and design, and documenting configurations, formats and test plans for releasing the final product. The team mostly focuses on C++, Java, and Python with some occasional C#.
As a Software Documentation Engineer:
- You will work closely with the engineering manager in documenting software architecture, design, test plans and database models.
- You will be a solid team player and work with others in a highly, collaborative environment.
- You will be proactive in documentingtechnical UI, product services, tech stack and development flow software.
Want to learn more about working for ENSCO Rail?
Click the below link or copy/paste in your browser to view the ENSCO Rail Careers & Culture Handbook:
Qualifications Required (Skills)
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering , Information Technology or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Design with Service oriented Architecture, User Interfaces, Networks and Databases
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
* Proficient with Unified Modeling Language (UML)for software designs using commercial tools such as Rational and Enterprise Architect
* Proficient in flow chart tools such as Visio, Pencil and Sketch
* Fluent in Multiple Programming Languages & Development Environments
* Experience in all phases of software development life cycle such as requirements analysis, design, implementation, configuration, testing, and release
* Very good knowledge of Windows and Linux platforms
* Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
The selected candidate may be required to submit to fingerprinting, drug screening, and additional background investigations in connection with this position.
Wearing safety equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest and protective eye glasses) when working on railroad properties is also a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety equipment.
* Graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
* MySQL database experience
* Visual Studio, PyCharm and Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Experience
* Familiarity with Socket programming and knowledge of TCP (Transmission Control Protocol)/(User Datagram Protocol) UDP
* Familiarity with Inter Process and Multi-Threaded Programming
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law..
Additional BenefitsFlexible Spending Account Program
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program