This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/6/2020
END DATE 8/18/2020
South Gate, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy. A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe.
The South Gate, CA plant is a Bituminous Roofing Systems manufacturing facility serving commercial and industrial roofing membrane markets. The plant is a critical supplier to the bituminous market. This facility is non-union, employees roughly 30 personnel and operates 16 hours per day 3-6 days per week depending on customer demand.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Group Plant Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for this production facility. You will serve as coach and mentor to a developing staff while performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and/or supervisors.
Your Day- to- Day:
* Lead, manage and develop plant employees to assure the necessary capabilities and culture are in place to maintain and improve a \\"Center of Excellence\\" operation
* In conjunction with senior group management, establish and manage activities to meet / exceed short- and long-term plant goals
* Lead in the development of a plant safety culture with a focus on developing an employee led safety focus program
* Control plant costs - including developing, managing and controlling budgetary process
* Manage production efforts to meet service, quality and cost goals
* Lead major change initiatives in a dynamic high change environment
* Manage implementation of operations improvement projects and programs
* Establish and manage cost reduction strategies and activities
* Meet JM quality standards/SPC requirements. Ensure all products shipped meet all JM and UL/FM specification requirements
* Maintain and improve positive employee relations (including union free status) while developing a disciplined workforce
* Manage plant technology, innovations, and project strategy in combination with product management and technology leaders
* Maintain service levels to customers through production/inventory planning and coordination with SIOP resources
* Maintain environmental compliance to federal, state, local, and Johns Manville standards through ISO 14001 environmental management systems
* Maintain communication with customers (internal/external) and provide technical support as required
* Act as JM representative to the community, works with local leadership to enhance favorable image of JM and ensures required local services are available in order to position JM as a responsible corporate citizen of the community.
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor's degree is required; Engineering degree preferred
* Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment
* 5+ years of experience in a plant leadership role of a similar size team and facility
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make timely decisions
* Previous experience in managing employee safety
* Understand financial systems and controls - including ability to analyze budget and cost data, determine trends and apply corrective actions to achieve desired financial goals.
* Solid project planning and management skills, using standard project management tools
* Demonstrated ability to implement recommendations and drive change initiatives
* Proven collaborative and participative management skills are essential.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employee Stories
See what our employees have to say about working at Johns Manville here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.