Product Management Lead - Alternatives
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/18/2020
END DATE 9/1/2020
Brown Brothers Harriman
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Alternatives Product Specialist will be a primary contributor to the overall success and growth of BBH s rapidly expanding global alternative fund servicing business. The individual in this role will be responsible for a wide range of business activities related to the provision of custody, accounting and administration services to alternative investment funds with hedge, private equity, real estate and private credit strategies, both direct and indirect fund of funds or portfolios. The Product Specialist will reside in Tokyo and will have shared reporting lines into both the global alternative fund services product management function and local client service management team.
* Refine, improve and drive BBH s alternative fund servicing business plan for the Japanese market as part of BBH overall global alternative fund servicing strategy
* Provide sales support to sales and relationship management functions with alternatives subject matter expertise
* Provide product support to client service functions for client operational queries, sourcing from subject matter experts within the global organization as needed
* Facilitate operational training for local client service and relationship management functions, with support from global alternatives training resources
* Identify and work with global teams to remediate product/service gaps, overlaps and deficiencies
* Identify local market trends and assess impact to BBH strategy and business plan
* Work with local relationship management team to develop relationships with Japanese asset owners and asset managers as potential BBH prospects. Develop relationships with lawyers, accountants, auditors, consultants and other 3rd partiers to identify new business referrals and keep abreast of market direction.
* Input to and monitor the global alternatives technology investment program and product roadmap in relation to Japanese clients
* Act as a source of knowledge and insight on industry initiatives and plan for related product enhancements
* Develop and share market intelligence to identify potential product enhancements and new commercial opportunities
* Assist in the production of original thought leadership content related to alternative fund servicing for internal and external use.
* Participate in industry events to raise BBH profile in the alternatives market
* Work with BBH marketing team to maintain and improve product marketing materials
* Work internally with operations, finance, risk, legal and other BBH functional areas on the planning and execution of a strategic product development roadmap
* Contribute to the refinement and ongoing development of BBH s long term strategy and business plan for servicing alternative funds in Japan
* Deep knowledge of alternatives including product development and fund operations for at least one area of expertise across fund accounting and financial reporting, shareholder/investor servicing, or tax, for direct or indirect fund of fund or portfolios of private market alternative strategies like private equity, private debt or real estate, and/or syndicated loans, and/or hedge funds
* Understanding of common global alternative fund domiciles and regulatory environments (for example Cayman, U.S., Luxembourg, and Ireland)
* Strong understanding of institutional alternative asset management industry including a thorough understanding of the fund operation and finance functions commonly outsourced to administrators
* Familiarity with the processes and systems commonly used for fund accounting, financial reporting, shareholder/investor and investment recordkeeping
* Familiarity with Japanese institutional investor reporting needs and servicing culture
* Knowledge of enterprise wide data and reporting strategies across financial services with particular focus on the alternatives investment industry
Qualifications - Soft Skills:
* Superior judgement in applying technical knowledge, creative problem solving and commercial insights to solving complex business challenges
* Ability to work in a team environment and collaborative consensus-driven culture
* Ability to influence wide variety of stakeholders including peers, managers & clients
* Detail oriented with proven ability to see open issues to resolution but also able to step back and see the big picture
* Superior communication skills
* Overall conduct at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, both internally and externally
* Adaptability to cultural differences across complex global enterprise
* Minimum 10+ years financial services industry experience
* Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience with alternative investment funds
* Native in Japanese; fluent English
* Analytical & strategic mindset, hands on & detail oriented, proven team player
* Active network of alternative industry contacts
* University degree; MBA a plus
* Periodic international travel is required (10%)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.