Sr. Electrical/Electronics Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/25/2020
END DATE 9/15/2020
Palo Alto, CA
* This role follows the reliability lifecycle of Tesla vehicle high voltage electronic systems from concept to design, development, manufacturing, field operation, and field returns to design-in, confirm and grow exceptional reliability at every stage.
* Facilitate Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning and assemblies.
* Knowledge of the reliability methods to build in and validate that the targets are met.
* Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
* Create Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability.
* Apply reliability failure physics to design accelerated test methods to failure modes exploration and reliability growth.
* Spec out reliability validation plans for components and subsystems.
* Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution for failures originating in testing and from the field.
* Work with manufacturing quality, service engineering, supplier quality and design teams to facilitate field failure resolution (aka Weibull) in order to support all investigations.
* Provide reliability design guidelines and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
* Experience working with high voltage electronics, and complex electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of the ReliaSoft Synthesis Platform, including Weibull++, BlockSim, ALTA, RGA, and xFMEA.
* Knowledge of database structures and practical understanding and use of SQL. Experience in working with large data sets. Experience with Tableau for big data analytics.
* Knowledge of methods to design-in reliability for electronics, including experience with the Sherlock software.
* Knowledge and experience with HALT and HASS/ESS for electronic and/or electro-mechnical systems.
* Working knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP.
* Knowledge of reliability growth techniques, such as Crow-AMSAA and Crow Extended.
* Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs.
* Knowledge of reliability warranty analysis and reliability prediction methods.
* Working knowledge of failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM, CSAM, X-ray, cross-sectioning and EDX.
* ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer preferred.
* BS, MS in Electrical and Electronics (EE) Engineering or practical experience on reliability of high voltage electronics.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.