Respiratory Therapist, Flex Pool
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/29/2020
END DATE 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdditional Job Information * Premium Pay - Special Float Pool -
* Day/Evening Flex -
JOB ID: 1192493
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: PRN
Boone Hospital Center is a 394-bed full service hospital located in Columbia, MO. It is a regional referral center located in the center of the state. The hospital provides progressive healthcare programs, services, and technology to people in 26 mid-Missouri counties. Although the hospital is full service, areas in which Boone Hospital Center excels are cardiology, neurology, oncology, surgical, obstetrical services, and numerous other specialties. The hospital maintains a 24-hour emergency center with hospital-based ambulance service and a helipad for incoming emergency air transportation. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Boone Hospital Center has been certified as a \\"Magnet Hospital\\" by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Respiratory Care Department at Boone Hospital Center constantly strives to provide excellent care to all customers throughout the hospital and ancillary areas. The team consists of highly trained, experienced, and licensed respiratory care practitioners. The respiratory care therapists provide care for neonates as well as elderly patients. This is achieved by using only the best equipment and technology, while applying evidence-based best practice therapies.
Provides direct patient care activities related to respiratory care including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation within the guidelines of the hospital and department. Can independently apply advanced clinical respiratory expertise and scientific knowledge including best practices serving as a resource to others as part of the patient care team. Ensures care provided is safe, effective, developmentally and age appropriate while complying with all quality and regulatory requirements as well as quality improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities * Effectively communicates by participating in the exchange of information including documentation, handoff and works collaboratively with the healthcare team.
* Provides education and training about respiratory treatments and procedures to others including patients, families, students, new employees and members of the healthcare team utilizing diversity and learning styles.
* Holds self-accountable and seeks out opportunities for continuous learning and feedback and is able to perform multiple related duties, prioritizing and applying effective time management.
* Performs various diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures according to established standards, procedures, guidelines and policies. Applies respiratory knowledge and clinical expertise, including the ability to assess, analyze and troubleshoot as needed.
* Demonstrates advanced clinical and critical thinking skills to support additional job responsibilities such as ECMO support, bronchoscopies, sleep lab, labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary rehab, charge/team lead etc. as needed.
Degree * Associate's Degree
Experience * No Experience
Supervisor Experience * No Experience
Licenses & Certifications * Basic Cardiovascular Life Sup
* Respiratory Care Practitioner
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Degree * Bachelor's Degree
Clinical - Direct Skills * Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - 2 years or more
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer