Certified Medication Aide CMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/29/2020
END DATE 8/25/2020
Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Certified Medication Aide/ CMA
Full Evening Shifts Available
Avamere Rehab of Beaverton
11850 SE Allen Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the administering of medication to residents.
* Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician.
* Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures and practices of this facility, and requirements of the state.
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident.
* Complete necessary forms, charts and reports in a timely matter.
* Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled, returned and reordered.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide in this state.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Knowledge of the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols and terms relative to the administration of medications.
* Ability to accurately measure, record and report the vital signs of a resident.
* Effectively communicate necessary resident information to Charge Nurses, Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
In the heart of the beautiful Portland, Oregon metropolitan area you will find Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton. This warm and inviting community offers skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care. The location features 104 skilled nursing beds. Amenities include 24-hour staff, private transportation services, and an extensive activities calendar. Their engaging employee culture fosters trust and fun through their team, residents, and those just stopping by for a visit.
They are proud to be named Top Nursing Home by U.S. News & World Report.
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is also proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Avamere Rehabilitation of Beaverton on their blog and on Facebook.
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the SEIU 503