Head of Global Medicines Development & QA Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/2/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONVertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation. We seek an innovative and driven leader to head our Global Medicines Development & Affairs (GMDA) & QA Technology team. This role will report directly to the Chief Information & Data Officer and work closely with executive and senior leaders within Vertex.
Vertex is in a transformational period where we are accelerating our capabilities, technology and data to augment our scientific mission, enable Vertex to grow in scale and be on the forefront of science, medicine and technology. We seek a GMDA & QA leader who can partner with our scientific and technical/data teams to enhance and drive the acceleration of the drug discovery process.
This role is responsible for driving a vision, team and technology to evolve our team and technology for all core medicine development activities from first in human trials to medical affairs and education: clinical pharmacology, modeling and simulation, clinical operations, clinical data management, biostatistics, medical monitoring, clinical development, medical writing as well a drug development support activities for regulatory affairs, global patient safety and quality.
* Develop and align partners on a vision and roadmap for the GMDA & QA teams, technologies and capabilities to support and accelerate Vertex s scientific and research goals.
* Lead and build a high performing team of technology personnel aligned with Vertex s mission and strategy
* Leadership, execution and maintenance for all GMDA & QA platforms, including clinical development, medical affairs, patient data & analytics, global medicine development and emerging clinical technology innovation technologies
* Tight alignment with the clinincal, regulatory and medical affairs leadership and teams
* Responsible for planning and managing scientific computing budget and forecast
* Deliver solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, strategic and are achieved through the application of industry proven architectural principles, standards and governance.
* 15+ years of technology experience, preferably in Life Sciences or Manufacturing within a regulated environment
* Expertise in designing, building and managing fast-paced clinical, medical affairs, medicine development and analytics environments
* Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions while fostering effective architecture/technology and operational practices culture
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce strategic documents, present ideas and solutions to non-technical audience and listen effectively to understand user needs
* Experience in successfully developing and implementing IT strategy, preferably within a complex life sciences organization.
* Expertise in successful development and delivery of multiple complex life sciences development initiatives
* Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams within a complex and fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
* Ability to produce effective management project briefings to senior staff
* Ability to plan and manage budgets
* Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
* Ability to ask questions, constantly learn, adapt, and evolve