Associate Director, CMC Project Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/2/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Associate Director will be responsible for the integration, creation and execution of multiple complex CMC development plans. By partnering closely with Project Leaders and cross-functional Project Team members, the Associate Director develops and maintains fully integrated project plans to ensure that deliverables are successfully executed, are in accordance with project and disease area objectives, and are within budget. The Associate Director is also responsible for comprehensive communication, including status reporting, risk management and escalation of issues to cross-functional stakeholders and Senior Management.
The Associate Director possesses leadership qualities essential for the management of complex project teams and personnel. Responsibilities include working on departmental organizational projects, creating tools and processes to further streamline and enhance project management flow. He/She is held accountable for project development and timelines and serves a resource for other team members and Vertex departments.
* Independently leads sub-teams for critical development projects
* Strategically develops plans, budgets, goals, and logistics for projects, gaining cooperation and consensus
* May serve as Project Leader for multiple complex development projects involving interaction with EDT/LDT team members
* Regularly interacts with functional areas beyond CMC, such as Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical Operations and Clinical
* Conduct scenario planning to proactively provide analysis and recommendations on alternative development plans, along with the associated assumptions and risks
* Effectively summarize key information such as program progress, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations to management
* Proactively provides key project issues and status to senior management to ensure alignment
* Compile succinct reports and prepare minutes for select internal meetings. Methodically track all action items, and find innovative ways to stay abreast of this multi-dimensional task
* Maintain frequent communication with the network of cross-functional internal and external stakeholders so that all parties are aware of current program status, issues, contingencies, and milestones
* Contribute to the best practices of project management to support the continued success and evolution of the department
* Coordinates the tools used within the CMC Project Management Department
* Mentors junior CMC Project Managers
* May supervise multiple team members ensuring appropriate staff development
* B.S./M.S./Ph.D. with 8 plus years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical development or project management work experience
* Maintains excellence in all expected role obligations and responsibilities
* Distinction achieved by mentoring subordinates, maintaining procedural and ethical standards and cultivating healthy team morale
* Superior communicator (verbal and written) within all levels of the department and cross functionally throughout the organization
* Demonstrates outstanding determination and/or persistence in supporting projects