Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research Associate Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/2/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal HEOR is within the Commercial organization at Vertex, working closely with Market Access & Pricing, Medical Affairs, RWE and other departments throughout Vertex. Our work is divided between evidence-generating research and direct support for global market access. It is a fast-paced department with global/international reach, responding to frequently- changing access environments and research priorities.
The Associate Director will design, generate and communicate HEOR evidence demonstrating the value of Vertex products through each stage of their development, while providing direct support to ensure market access.
* Lead cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to execute HEOR research projects from study design to execution to communication of results, aligning business and stakeholder needs while managing to timelines and budgets
* Lead/support development of strategic plans and assist with translating strategy into tactics and evidence generation activities
* Lead development of global cost-effectiveness and budget impact models and provide support to regional teams in local adaptation and development of HTA submissions.
* Lead development of value deliverables, including value messages, GVDs and value narratives to ensure early and sustained market access for Vertex products
* Provide subject matter expertise to cross-functional partners to ensure broad understanding and appropriate communication of HEOR evidence in support of access and reimbursement
* Represent HEOR function on cross-functional teams- ensure strategy and tactics are aligned with business priorities, seeking and incorporating insight and guidance from leadership and stakeholders
* Navigate governance processes, including presentation and defense of strategic plans, protocols and study findings to senior leadership to gain endorsement
* Present research findings at scientific congresses, lead development of high-quality publications for peer-review
* Identify/select/manage network of contractors/consultants to support execution of planned HEOR activities
* Provide thought leadership to help shape the external business and reimbursement environment for Vertex portfolio and pipeline products
* Advanced degree in Public Health, Health Economics or related field
* Minimum 6 years of directly relevant experience in pharma/biotech or CRO setting, with evidence of growth and increase in responsibilities
* Demonstrated subject-matter expert in HEOR, able to formulate and lead creative and scientifically rigorous research projects using best HEOR practices; significant expertise in one or more of:
* economic models and cost-effectiveness analyses (CEA)
* survey research and patient-reported outcomes (PRO)
* large administrative, electronic health record (EHR) or registry databases
* Track record of peer-reviewed publication demonstrating expertise in HEOR
* Experience leading project teams and supervising individual team members, with budget and timeline responsibilities, ability to operate efficiently and prioritize to manage multiple projects
* Demonstrated communication skills, including strong command of English; ability to communicate scientific evidence and complex concepts and adapt style to a variety of audiences
* Working knowledge of the clinical development, clinical trial and drug approval process
* Experience supporting market access in both the US and ex-US; knowledge of HTA requirements and global reimbursement processes
* Able to thrive in the presence of ambiguity in a demanding, fast-paced matrixed environment; must be proactive, self-sufficient, and resourceful
* Currently holding AD role based on internal promotion
* 3+ years hands-on experience in academic or contract research (CRO) setting executing research projects
* Experience working in highly matrixed organization in past role
* Cross-cultural experience
* Direct, hands-on experience with payers/HTAs/policy makers
* Experience in rare diseases and orphan indications