Vice President, Internal Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/4/2020
END DATE 8/30/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role reports to the Chief Audit Executive and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Corporate Compliance Internal Audit function. In this role, the Vice President Internal Audit - Compliance will establish a framework for audit coverage to ensure the adherence to all relevant laws, regulations, and company policies. This leader will demonstrate an executive presence while interacting with c-suite executives and board members.
This executive will lead a dedicated team of approximately 20 employees for compliance specific audits, while overseeing the audit of compliance activities during the execution of operational reviews in a matrix organization. This leader will work closely with all senior and compliance leaders across the company including the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Testing function within the Corporate Risk function while delivering best-in-class operational, strategic and technical objectives of the Audit group.
* Establishes strategic direction for and maintain Discover s Internal Audit Compliance program. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Obtaining the company inventory of Legal or Regulatory requirements mapped to business processes, provide effective challenge and map these to auditable units
* Conducting the Compliance Risk Assessment portion as part of the quarterly Internal Audit Dynamic Risk Assessment and establish an audit schedule
* Updating audit procedures as appropriate with compliance requirements
* Overseeing the development and training of the Internal Audit compliance team to remain up to date with changing laws and regulations
* Executing the audit schedule by using advanced auditing techniques related to data analytics and Machine Learning
* Following a rigorous follow-up process to verify and validate open audit and regulatory findings
* Collaborate and openly debate with compliance professional team members to identify compliance risks and mitigating actions.
* Responsible for an annual assessment of the overall compliance program for Discover Financial, communicating results with the most senior leaders of Discover and the Audit Committee.
* Ensure timely and transparent communication related to compliance audit issues, control gaps and potential mitigating actions.
* Identifies and shares emerging compliance trends and opportunities as part of the Internal Audit continuous monitoring program.
* Oversees and participates in regulatory exams regarding compliance and adjust compliance audit program and schedule as a result of regulatory findings.
* Attends compliance and business review meetings and works closely with Risk Officers (ROs) in each Line of Business to ensure identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance related issues occurs timely.
* Develops clear goals for the team and aligns the organization behind them to drive results; focuses on empowering the team to make decisions
* Actively and deliberately evaluates and builds skills and capabilities of audit leaders and team members; holds subordinate leaders accountable for the same.
* 15+ years of relevant work experience in financial services
* 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role
* Experience working with federal and state regulators
* Experience within an audit Compliance and/or Assurance function with testing responsibility
* Well versed in regulations & compliance requirements for large bank holding companies, particularly UDAP, Fair Lending, Privacy and other consumer protection-related requirements
PREFERRED SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
* MBA or Master s degree in degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance, IT or similar
* Knowledge of BSA/AML
* JD, CRCM, CPA, CIA, CAMS
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.