Business Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 7/11/2020
Altitude Development Group
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAltitude Group has 8 consecutive years of double-digit growth in new sales, and as we continue to grow, one of our top-producing sales teams is looking to add a bold sales leader with superior self-awareness and a strong personality who wants to lead from the front!
The right candidate for our outside sales team is a highly disciplined, driven, and confident individual who will contribute to our team's new sales growth while also maintaining and enforcing the highest standards of personal excellence and professional performance. A background in college-level or higher athletics, military, law enforcement, or simply a proven track record of outstanding performance and promotability in a chosen career field is preferred, but it is not required. If any of this sounds like you, we're eager to speak with you!
The Ideal Candidate:
Tough-minded, purposeful, and goal-driven
Doesn't wait to be told what to do and has a See a need, meet a need mentality
Desires to have an active leadership role within a dynamic, competitive team
Skilled at overcoming objections and asking for the sale, not afraid of rejection
Willing to dedicate 45-50 hours per week to this position
Cares about producing outstanding results and takes ownership for poor performance
Able to work independently on a daily and weekly basis with little to no oversight
Sharp, intuitive, and can master our systems and processes quickly
Confident without being posturing, pompous, or arrogant
Excellent at coaching, teaching, and inspiring others
Does not accept mediocrity in themselves or other people
As a Business Sales Development Representative, you will plan your own work schedule and set your own working hours each week. Your primary goal is to thoughtfully connect with business owners and key decision-makers at small and medium-sized businesses within your sales territory through in-person sales calls. You will connect with your team often but you will not be required to report to an office. You will spend most of your day out and about, working in your territory, building rapport with potential clients, and doing product demonstrations either at the initial meeting or scheduling a future meeting with them. You will also spend part of each day following up on potential leads either in person or on the phone and closing in-process sales that are not yet completed.
In addition to making sales, Sales Development Reps are expected to report their daily and weekly sales metrics, set up their weekly schedule and goals in advance each week, and participate in daily morning meetings on the phone with fellow sales reps and sales leaders and managers.
What We Expect From You:
1. Build Rapport. To make sales, you must first create interest and build trust with your potential clients, and this will require you to have an outgoing, honest, energetic, and big personality. If you are afraid of talking to strangers or don t enjoy having meaningful conversations with someone you just met 30 seconds ago, this role may not be a good fit for you.
2. Transfer Belief: To make sales, you must be confident in your interactions in a way that tells the client that a product demo with you will be a worthwhile use of their time and leaves no doubt that the products you re offering them will provide value to them. That includes a willingness on your part to address any objections and potential pushback in a confident and comfortable manner.
3. Be Coachable: Our approach to sales is quite simple and common but also very proprietary. Many of the activities we do are practiced in sales teams everywhere in other industries besides ours, but the expectations we have and the ways that we approach even a short conversation are unique. To be successful as a Field Sales Rep, you must be able to listen to feedback, own that feedback, and then take action to implement that feedback and correct weaknesses.
4. Have Discipline & Grit: Next to coachability, the most important attribute that leads to success and top performance in this role is the ability to persist. You must be relentless and be able to draw from past experiences of times in life when you encountered adversity and overcame it. Sales involves daily rejection, and you must be capable of pushing through it without losing your cool, getting flustered, or taking it personally.
5. Desire To Work Hard & Grow: This is a role that will challenge you and help you grow professionally and personally. To be successful, you must have high expectations for yourself and be willing to put in the time, the effort, and the sweat equity to meet those expectations.
Our #1 priority is finding someone who aligns with our culture and our mission, which is to provide a career environment that brings out the best in our people and empowers them to build careers here which support the things that are the most important to them.
Compensation includes a weekly draw pay option for all new salespeople during the training period as well as uncapped commissions, cash and stock bonuses and incentives, and lifetime vested renewal commissions. The average entry-level salesperson in their first year here earns $65k-75k plus bonuses and incentives, and $100k+ by their third year here. Top sales producers are earning $80k-120k+ in their first year, and $150k-250k+ plus bonuses and incentives by their third year here.
Virtual classroom training as well as one-on-one field training
Quarterly and annual incentive trips
Autonomous career advancement and performance-based promotions
Professional development and leadership training
A feeling of significance that comes from the product you are selling and the relationships you are building with teammates and local businesses
Schedule flexibility based on results achieved rather than time worked
Work around other like-minded, driven, caring people in a culture that feels like a family
Find out more about a career with us by visiting our website here. We look forward to speaking with you soon!