Manufacturing Associate II, 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/8/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONModerna is seeking a cGMP Manufacturing Associate for mRNA Manufacturing. This position is located at our new GMP Manufacturing site in Norwood, MA. THIS POSITION WILL BE 2ND SHIFT FROM 2:30 PM TO 10:30 PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY; PLEASE NOTE, THIS ROLE WILL TRANSITION TO A 2ND SHIFT 4X10 SCHEDULE WITH A WEEKEND DAY REQUIREMENT.
The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing GMP mRNA-based medicines for evaluation in human clinical trials. He/she will apply existing and new knowledge of bioprocess unit operations and cGMPs to enable technical success with stringent adherence to a Quality System that respects global regulatory expectations. The successful candidate will be able to document and communicate their technical and operational observations clearly and efficiently. They will be able to operate pilot-scale bioprocessing equipment and interact fluidly with peers and supervisors in Manufacturing, and cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Logistical and Process Development Technology Transfer counterparts.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Execute manufacturing operations using disposable technologies, automation, and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) to produce mRNA
* Closely partner with QA peers for rapid disposition of mRNA
* Demonstrate general knowledge of standard manufacturing practices and equipment.
* Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing documentation. Establish and follow written procedures for the clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions, and of process data.
* Monitor process operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
* Assist in the investigation of procedural deviations.
* Practice safe work habits and adhere to Moderna s safety procedures and guidelines.
* Utilize knowledge to improve operational efficiency.
* Adhere to gowning procedures and maintain a clean general operating area.
* Adhere to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Bachelor s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Biomechanical engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemistry or related field, Associates with 2+ years related experience or 4+ years of related GMP experience
* Proven track record of success in a fast-paced production environment at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferably in GMP or GLP
* Ability to collaborate fluidly with peers, supervisors and cross functional support groups required
* Exceptional written, oral communication, and organizational skills required
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science s list of top biopharma industry employers for the past five years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.