Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/9/2020
END DATE 8/31/2020
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONStanley X is Stanley Black & Decker s newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA.
Stanley X is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. We are looking for a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to be a founding team member, owner and watch over our global platform as we scale.
Today s world of construction accounts for over 10% of the world s GDP, and it s no secret that worker productivity and building complexity are the biggest challenges. As a result, the industry is at an inflection point for disruption. Last year alone, nearly $2B in venture capital were invested across 2,000+ companies in construction technology. Stanley Black & Decker is partnering with contractors and startups to develop new digital products that will increase productivity and on time/on budget performance of construction projects.
As the product s Founding technical hire, you will play an integral role in helping company shape the future of construction industry.
You are an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who has worked in agile, lean, high performing teams for automating deployments for digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you ve established modern deployment automation pipelines for reactive web platforms, microservices in cloud and on-premise environments. From ground 0 and ambiguous start up environment to a fully productized team, you have successfully navigated through it. As an ideal candidate you
* Are a Self-initiator, doer and results oriented
* Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility and accountability
* Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
* Know how to quickly show results while making continuous progress towards bigger vision
Your Professional Experience
As a founding technical hire, you are an Engineer at heart who has hands-on experience in automating CI/CD pipelines for SPA & MPA leveraging latest reactive technologies and microservices. From CI/CD pipelines to complex cloud deployment automations, change impact to scalability analysis, your work is guided by Agility, Extensibility and Team work as north stars. Apart from also having experience & opinions on CI/CD processes, your professional journey must consist of-
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent required
* 3-4 years of experience in writing CI/CD pipelines, Cloud deployment automations required
* Implementing production monitoring to ensure High availability and proactive curation for SaaS platforms
* Availability, latency, performance, change impact analysis are your strong forte
* Hands-on experience in automating cloud deployments for SQL, No-SQL and other distributed storages, along with efficiency monitoring and optimizations
* Deep understanding of latest Cloud services, Deployment processes, Cloud Deployments Tools, Containerization, Authentication Systems & Protocols
* Understanding of tradeoffs b/w cost, scale, speed, agility and strong troubleshooting
* Ability to break platform designs & deliverables, preventing production outage
* Hands-on software development experience
* Advocate & implement best automation practices in a fast-paced environment
* Extract quantified, deliverable technical details with Engineering teams
* Strong communication skills & ability to estimate, prioritize & execute on technical plan
Nice to have
* Experience in distributed data platforms (processing and persistence)
* Experience in infrastructure management and benchmarking
Things you will do
We are a small and nimble team, so you ll likely get to experience and participate on many projects in various technical capacities. However, you should expect following set of responsibilities:
* Provide foundational direction for CI/CD & cloud deployments of Construction Technology platform
* Establish CI/CD, cloud deployment pipelines ensuring seamless deployments & faster development cycles
* Collaborate across teams for gathering critical functional, technical details to define & co-own availability, latency, performance, change impact analysis requirements
* Contribute towards automated deployment of multifaced Data platform
* Work with development teams to contribute towards code deliverables, E2E design flows
* Vet our systems for resiliency, scalability, highly availability & agility
* Establish understanding about our technology partners and eco system
* Keep leadership informed on progress, manage risks and issues
* Keep the success of our customers as the guiding principle of your work
* Reflect critically on designs and frameworks to improve speed/quality of deliverables
Why work with us
Solve massive problems for customers
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.
Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly into the CEO and operate autonomously within the company. This role will report to the head of the group and work closely with different teams.
Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems.
Competitive compensation package (base, bonus, 401K contributions) compared to F500 companies in the Bay Area
Modern office space located in downtown Sunnyvale, directly across from the CalTrain. Complete with amenities including a full-access gym, stocked kitchen, and table games.
Pick your own equipment
Select between top of the line PC or Mac products plus any software you need.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.