Principal Network Security Engineer DDOS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/11/2020
END DATE 8/22/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTo get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Salesforce s Network Security team is seeking a Principal Network Security Engineer to help secure the world s #1 CRM. As a member of the Network Security Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining large scale DDOS solutions spanning first party and public cloud infrastructure. You are knowledgeable about both DDOS attacks and mitigation strategies. The ideal candidate has a strong background with public cloud security and understands how security automation is a business enabler. This position is responsible for partnering with other teams to drive strategy and vision across the organization.
* Design, build, and maintain DDOS solutions and security controls
* Continuous improvement of policies, procedures and technology.
* Act as the trusted advisor to other engineering teams and executives to develop short- and long-term security, product, and service strategies.
* Drive innovation, automation, and efficiencies through collaboration for Security & the Enterprise as a whole.
* Collaborate with other teams to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.
* Interact with industry experts, partners, internal staff and auditors.
* Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team.
* 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Security Architecture
* Familiar with denial of service attacks, mitigation strategies, and industry best practices
* Hands-on experience designing and maintaining leading-edge distributed denial of service solutions for large scale networks
* Hands-on experience designing and maintaining public cloud environments, networking, and security controls
* Must be proficient in network architecture and design, network security, and network monitoring
* Unix/Linux deployment and maintenance experience
* Understanding of risks that can manifest in larger scale complex systems
* Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
* Bachelor's in Engineering/Computer Science or related industry (or equivalent experience)
* Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience (CEH, GPYC, GPEN)
* Prior understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems
* Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc)
* Solid hands-on technical background particularly in managing highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management)
* Experience designing and operating network security technologies within public cloud environments
* Experience with one or many of Python, Go, Bash, JSON or Perl in order to automate, push software, and network interaction
* ISO 27001, PCI, SOC, FISMA, FedRAMP knowledge.
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.