Senior Manager GMP Warehouse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/11/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Semma Therapeutics Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn June 2019, Vertex announced the establishment of a new research site in the Boston area where research, development, and clinical manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies will be primarily based. Cell and genetic therapies represent two rapidly emerging therapeutic modalities with the potential to treat and even cure several of the diseases Vertex is focused on, including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and type 1 diabetes. Further investment in a research site specifically designed to advance these programs will be key to Vertex s continued and sustained leadership in these exciting approaches. At Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) our research teams will bring together the best biology, technologies and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
Our VCGT organization has an opening for a Senior Manager, GMP Warehouse. This position is located in Cambridge, MA.
* Responsible for all aspects of warehouse and materials management functions for the GMP/non-GMP materials within the warehouse (internal and external)
* Manage, lead and coach a team of warehouse employees
* Maintain accurate inventory
* Lead continuous improvement and innovation opportunities within the GMP Warehouse and 3rd party warehouse, providing input into broader materials management improvement opportunities.
* Communicate inventory discrepancies to warehouse operations team and escalate when appropriate
* Ensures timely receiving, stocking, picking, issuing, and shipping of materials
* Ensures compliance with ERP and quality systems/processes
* Develop and oversee execution against all SOPs related to receipt, inspection, storage, and delivery of GMP materials to manufacturing organization.
* Maintain GMP warehouse space, assuming full responsibility for equipment ordering, installation, and maintenance
* College Degree Preferred (Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field) or High School/Associates Degree with additional years' experience
* Minimum of 10 years experience working within a cGMP supply chain environment and/or with GCP regulations
* Strong understanding of domestic and international shipping of cold chain products in the Biotech/Lifesciences industry and associated documentation needs; experience in cell therapy highly preferred
* Knowledge of warehouse and distribution business processes
* Strong working knowledge of common ERP systems
* Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including lifting moderately heavy boxes, prolonged standing, pushing gas tanks, etc.
* Experienced team leader
* Previous experience in Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, and Supply Chain preferred
* In depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a GMP as well as a non-GMP setting
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities