This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/18/2020
END DATE 8/14/2020
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
VHB s Atlanta office is seeking to employ a full-time Archaeologist to support our environmental team. Well qualified candidates will have primary experience conducting Phase I, II, and III archaeological investigations throughout the southeastern United States. In addition, the successful candidate would demonstrate the ability to work successfully, both independently and as part of a larger cultural resource team, in managing the key responsibilities required of the position.
* Conduct Phase I, II, and III archaeological surveys and monitoring
* Prepare technical reports which assess archaeological site significance under Criterion D of the National Register of Historic Places.
* Prepare field survey and geographic maps using the ESRI suite of software
* Coordinates regulatory compliance efforts with federal, state, municipal, and tribal agencies.
* Provides artifact analysis and assists curation efforts
* Conducts archival and historical background research
* Supervise and mentor junior field staff
* Support and build clientele
* Provide support and technical assistance with senior level staff
* Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units
Required Skills and Minimum Qualifications:
* Master s Degree (MA) in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
* At least 1 year professional experience in cultural resource management
* Ability to travel to a location, walk/hike and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
* 3 or more years professional experience in cultural resource management
* Familiarity with NEPA, ARPA, NHPA, NAGPRA, and other state environmental compliance laws including GEPA
* Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, and the ESRI suite of software
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Team oriented with strong capability to work independently
* Motivated to lead and mentor others
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40+ years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees beginning prior to Labor Day 2020 will likely be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
NEED HELP FINDING THE RIGHT JOB*
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy here and an overview of the law here
VHB participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
VHB also maintains a drug-free workplace
Third Party Recruiters, please review our requirements and policy document here.
If you are in need of special assistance in applying for individuals with disabilities or limited English proficiency, please call our HR contact, Janis Carr at 617-607-2671 or email email@example.com Please note that this email is for special assistance in applying for individuals with disabilities and limited English proficiency only. General inquiries about employment will not receive a response. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS