Infusion Pharmacy Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/18/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Level II Hazardous Compounding Infusion Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing technical support to pharmacy operations under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The Level II technician will staff in all pharmacy locations areas as required, and has additional leadership responsibilities as well. The technician s duties include, but are not limited to: compounding hazardous and non-hazardous medications, compounding pharmaceutical products, inventory management, medication tracking, compliance with regulatory standards, utilizing the various equipment and technology available in the pharmacy, and performing various quality control tasks as assigned. The Level II pharmacy technician is responsible for leading the training and orientation processes of new pharmacy employees in any pharmacy workspace as assigned. In addition to basic pharmacy responsibilities, the Level II pharmacy technician is also tasked with regulatory and compliance tasks, as well as mentoring responsibilities for lower level technicians and interns.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is opening a new outpatient cancer facility in January 2021 in Chestnut Hill. The new ambulatory center, located at 300 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, will provide much needed space for adult patient care to support our patient growth. Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill will offer Clinical and Research Laboratory Services, Clinical Trials, Imaging, Infusion Services, Nutrition Support, Retail Pharmacy, Social Work, and Transfusion Services. This will be a multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art facility designed to maintain the same model of care that is currently given to our patients on our Longwood Campus.
Training for this position will start at our Longwood campus (450 Brookline Ave), and will transition to Chestnut Hill after opening.
* Prepare and compound hazardous and non-hazardous medications
* Perform daily inventory management of medications and supplies
* Use all technology required to perform daily tasks
* Participate in training and orientation of pharmacy technicians
* Participate in various quality control tasks
* Participate in miscellaneous tasks and special projects
Additional duties at the satellite locations, including but not limited to:
* Receiving and ordering of medications
* Daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of the pharmacy workspaces
* Restock nursing stations
* Assist with investigational protocol audits
* High school graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited entry-level degree program for pharmacy or a related field.
* Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy Registration as a Pharmacy Technician.
* National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) must be current.
* At least two years of pharmacy technician experience, with at least one year of experience in an inpatient or oncology compounding pharmacy.
* Previous experience with sterile compounding is required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.