This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/22/2020
END DATE 10/21/2020
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Crown:
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown s Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division.
Crown is building a brand new manufacturing facility in Bowling Green, KY. This state-of-the-art facility will manufacture specialty beverage cans for some of the top consumer product companies. We are in the process of assembling a world class team of individuals to operate this facility and are looking for an Accounting Clerk.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Accountant, the Accounting Clerk responsibilities would include, but will not be limited to, the following:
* Process Accounts Payables;
* Assist with Purchasing as needed;
* Complete various plant reports in excel;
* Receive requisitions;
* Prepare and maintain records of raw materials used, including lot verification, throughput and yields
* Receive work orders and confirm receipts into production schedule
* Support the Plant Accountant in data gathering as well as support in month-end closing, year-end closing and physical inventories
* Review inventory of raw materials against present and anticipated manufacturing work orders
* Track shipments, invoices and freight charges on Bill of Lading log;
* Process weekly payroll
* Order, receive and put away office supplies;
* Receive incoming mail, stamp invoices with receipt/date stamp, distribute mail, prepares mail for sending and attached postage;
* Assist with physical inventory;
* Manage petty cash as custodian;
* Track spoilage;
* Perform bank reconciliation;
* Assist other departments with administrative functions
* Associates Degree preferred in Accounting or Business related field
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 2-3 years experience preferred working in an accounting related role
* Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment, both as an independent contributor and also as a team player
* Ability to multi-task
* Effective and proven organizational skills, ability to prioritize, effective time management skills and sound decision-making skills
* Detail oriented and very accurate.
* Sound conflict management skills and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with company employees, vendor or customers at all levels
* In-depth working knowledge of all components of the Microsoft Office software
* Working experience using an AS400 system is a plus
* Problem solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
* Ability to work independently or with a team.
* With consensus be able to look at new solutions and think outside the box .
* Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc.
* Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The associate may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Generally works in an office, and on occasion in a warehouse environment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to light lifting, warehouse forklift traffic.
* Production noise level is frequently loud.
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including company paid medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance as well as a 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gainsharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all our employees and their families.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.