Director, Study Innovation and Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/22/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (US)
JOB DESCRIPTION* Reporting to the Head of FASTR (Feasibility, Activations and Strategy & Tactics of Recruitment), this role will be responsible for providing support to study teams across all programs, to enable acceleration to their studies.
* Leads the team that develops recruitment and retention strategies to enable potential to enroll faster than industry benchmarks
* Works in close collaboration with FASTR start up and feasibility teams to provide study acceleration strategies for program planning
* Leads the oversight of SMO/IRO and patient recruitment vendors, acting as subject matter expert and point of escalation
* Acts as the key point of contact with patient advocacy and establishes key partnerships with patient organizations, which can then be utilized by study and program teams to support study execution
Key member of the FASTR team leadership structure with important input into the strategic direction of the department.
* Extensive working knowledge of clinical trial conduct and direct study/program operations experience with proven evidence of succes
* Excellent organizational, planning, presentation and interpersonal skills. A self-starter who motivates, has tact, diplomacy and leadership skills and who has a flexible and positive approach. Ability to work well in novel situations
* Excellent communicator, able to define tasks within a project, anticipate and address conflicts in the timely achievement of projects, complete tasks to deadlines and able to prioritize conflicting demands
* Extensive interpersonal skills, an ability to lead multifunctional teams, and to manage staff and mentor and develop junior staff
* dvanced capabilities and experience in Change Management and Business Transformation initiatives
* Strong Leadership Capabilities including resource allocation, organizing and mobilizing teams, strategic vision, and ability to drive for results through teams
* Track record for effectively communicating scientific, medical, and organizational concepts to internal and external customers
* Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of clinical trials
* Experienced with influencing across a matrix and creating a clear sense of direction
* Strong external industry networks
* Demonstrated planning and organizational skills including project management
* Able to prioritize various responsibilities and timelines and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
* Be a senior point of escalation for resourcing, timeline or deliverable issues
15 + years relevant experience and 8+ years in a Leadership Role
Postgraduate Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
Experience in developing patient recruitment strategies
High degree of customer focus and collaboration in a team environment
Line Management experience required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred experience in patient recruitment or complex studies.