Patient Care Technician (PCT) - 10 Green Med/Surg Hospitalist Medicine - Night Shift (36 hours per week)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/23/2020
END DATE 9/2/2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONPatient Care Technician 10 Green Hospitalist Medicine
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Technician professional assists with patient care to provide support services to the patient, nursing unit, and professional staff. 32 bed with a medical patient population of generalized medical diagnoses and peritoneal dialysis specialty.
We are a family on 10 North and are dedicated to our patients and to each other. We live out our passion to help those in need every single day and we do it from the heart, with excellence.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excel work with us. Benefits include a retirement plan, PTO (vacation, sick) medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, and employee discount programs.
Come join our team. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
(36 hour per week) / Rotating weekends
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
Familiarity with medical terminology.
Working knowledge of basic computer software skills.
Must have one year acute care inpatient hospital experience, a certified nursing assistant certificate, certified medical assistant certificate or completed the first semester of nursing clinicals.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
Must achieve validation of required core competencies and training within 6 months of employment.
1. Provide patient care under the direction of nursing staff being certain to only perform tasks in which training and/or competency has been validated.
2. Collect, monitor, and document pertinent data relating to patient functioning and care to include but not limited to: intake and output, weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure. Recognizes and immediately reports values outside normal parameters to the nurse.
3. Perform patient rounding being sure to report any changes in a patient's condition or behavior immediately to the nurse. Seeks assistance and guidance as needed to ensure that patient care is delivered in a safe, high quality and effective manner at all times.
4. Assess, identify, and monitor environmental, patient, and the patient's family needs in a respectful, positive, and timely manner to achieve satisfaction.
5. Perform basic hygiene care in accordance with the Department of Nursing policies, procedures and unit standards to include but not limited to pericare, oral care, daily hygiene, linen changes, skin changes, and foley care.
6. Transfer and transport patients in accordance with policies and procedures with specific consideration to age-specific and safety needs.
7. Resolve patient concerns by initiating service recovery and immediately escalating patient, family, visitors and staff concerns through the chain of command.
8. Build meaning and sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with members of the healthcare team.
9. Prepare, update, and disseminate reports at the change of shift and when changes are noted in the patient's condition.
10. Support the administrative and clinical operations of assigned practice environment.
11. Orient new staff and students to work areas. Collaborates with other nursing staff and hospital employees to create an environment that is conducive to the retention of qualified personnel.
12. Utilize downtime to assist others and/or to provide additional supportive measures to patients and/or patients families within the respective patient care environment. Completes other duties as assigned. Performs in the role of sitter as needed, documents as required.
13. Mandatory education requirements are 100%, less than 100% will net a score of NI. Staff meeting attendance requirement 75%, less than 75% will net a score of NI and more than 75% will net a score of EE. Attendance is required at the PCT educational updates, attending 50-89% will meet standards, 49% or less will earn a score of NI and 90% or more will earn a score of EE. Verified Skype attendance to meetings is acceptable with approval from Unit Manager.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.