This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/27/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPower the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It s time you were a part of something bigger.
We re expanding our workforce engineers, architects, developers and more onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you re ready for high-impact, you re ready for CDK.
The Data Engineering team designs and engineers enterprise data platforms to exceed business needs. This is done through partnerships with Product Management, Executive Management, and our customers.
Why You\'ll Love This Job:
Director, Data Engineering acts as a leader in Product & Technology and is responsible for setting technical direction, managing the team composition to support that direction, prioritizing associated work based on business requirements, and supporting a growing industry in a fast-paced environment.
* Drive ideation across the organization and the automotive industry
* Drive data vision, strategy, and execution. Drive alignment and support across the organization through collaboration, communication, and transparency.
* Lead the design, architecture, development, and operationalization of an enterprise class data platform
* Oversee the data platform organization, inclusive of data engineering, data science, data analytics and data architecture
* Identify opportunities for data-driven applications that will improve the customer experience automation and machine learning
* Influences senior leaders and all levels of business and R&D staff on all areas of the architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, and governance. Translate company business strategy into concrete solutions, design and execute an systems architecture blueprint to support that strategy
* Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product Management, Architecture, Operations and other internal external groups
* Proven data literacy, i.e. the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options
* Experience in information strategy definition, technology planning and execution related to data management and data governance
* Proven experience extracting, transforming and integrating structured and unstructured data sources for very large volumes of data for both real time and batch processing
* Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity
* Proven experience with data warehousing and Big Data infrastructure platform implementations
* Experience in leading teams and mentoring team members
* Experience with performance and scalability analysis, testing and optimization.
* Experience designing and implementing scalable, fault tolerant, distributed solutions/services.
* Significant breadth and depth of technologies in the areas of: Cloud solutions and deployments, preferable AWS and GCP; Services patterns, application containers, and API gateway.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.