ESS System Engineer -- Entry Control Point
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/29/2020
END DATE 8/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONReady to put your project engineer expertise to work on marquee projects that will change the fabric of our communities? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Project Engineer for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and startup aspects of a small project. May manage a sub-task of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Relocation to the project site may be required during construction and startup activities. Responsibilities:
* Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements.
* Identifies and documents changes in scope. Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements.
* Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process. Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
* Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study.
* Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
* Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines.
* Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
* Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
* Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)
* 10+ years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required
* Active Secret clearance required
* Professional registration may also be required
* Potential to perform in a lead capacity
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required
* Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project
* Automated Access Control Point (ACP) Engineers/Developers
* Automated Access Control Point (ACP) Engineer/Developer ACP Engineers/Developers will support Third Tier sustainment operations and the Systems Engineer Directorate with any testing, upgrades or advances of software or technology.
* The minimum qualifications of the ACP Engineer/Developer are:
* Demonstrated capability with traffic safety engineering, automated traffic management, and gate/pedestrian control systems / PLC programming, de-bugging and remote diagnostics.
* Experience with Enterprise-level system integration and troubleshooting
* Demonstrated capability with Field-level programming of IP devices, software applications, HMIs, and PLC embedded hardware.
* Experience with IA hardening on Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
* Experience with Enterprise-level software integration and support.
* Experience with all automated AVG and APT baseline software applications required to configure, update, maintain, manage, operate, and support both onsite and remotely.
* Demonstrated capability with Field-level operational testing and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrated capability to conduct system operational verification testing (SOVT) and compliance audits for deployed and maintained baselines.
* Demonstrated Project Management and coordination of complex systems development, deployment, and support.
* Demonstrated capability to build and conduct operator, technician, and superuser training for automated vehicle gates and automated Pedestrian Turnstiles.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.